The difference between the two methods is obvious. If a school uses the Post UTME test, you have to prepare for the computer-based entrance exams before you can be offered admission. If it’s only admission screening, such a university won’t bother you to write any exams apart from UTME you had done earlier. For detailed difference, read “Post UTME: Will it be Exams or Admission Screening?”.
To the question – if you have to prepare for entrance exams or ready for screening, the answer is YES, the university uses Post UTME.
In other words, you will be tested again. The university uses a computer-based test for its applicants. The exams test them in English, Mathematics and General papers.
Having said that, you should take a look at how the university will conduct the exams below.
Nature of UNILORIN Post UTME
- Before the exams, the management will announce the sales of their post UTME form usually called the pre-screening admission exercise.
- Applicants are expected to register online. During the registration, you’re to fill in your O’level results. Your JAMB details must have been obtained from Joint Admission and Matriculation Board directly by the university.
- After the registration, your printout should contain your exam date and venue; as candidates can choose whether to write the test at Lagos center or at the main campus – Ilorin.
- After the test, you must be above 50% before any hope of admission. If you score less, immediately consider changing of an institution to any other school whose post-UTME is still opened. If you’re competing for courses like Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, etc, you may need to score above 70 or 80 before any hope at all. Less completive courses may still work with 60 and thereabout.
- The university will later forward the lists of admitted candidates to JAMB to upload to CAPS. This is why you should continually be checking your admission status on CAPS so you can accept the admission on it when/if offered.
- After this, print the JAMB admission letter and wait for the school to upload the same list to the school portal for checking and acceptance.
2020 University of Ilorin Admission Update
- Online Registration and Credential Assessment: Here, the university will offer you admssion based on the JAMB score, O’level grades in the required subjects, and available spaces for the proposed courses.
- Online CBT: Here, the university will ask individual applicants to attempt exams right on their laptops or computers. Universities that had used that for the 2020/2021 admssion include OOU, UNILAG to mention a few.
NEED a guide, further explanation, update or answer on something? Check if that has been covered on this blog by searching your question on Google and add schoolcontents.info in front e.g Will I be offered admission with 150 + schoolcontents.info. My posts on it or related ones will be displayed for you by Google.
Best Related Posts
- UNILORIN Admissions: Catchment Areas and How It Affects Admissions
- How to Gain Admission into University of Ilorin (UNILORIN): A – Z GUIDE
- UNILORIN Updated Cut-Off Marks For Different Departments or Courses
- UNILORIN TH School of Health Form is Out: Procedures, Cut-Off Mark, Price and Closing Date
- Federal School of Nursing Ilorin Form is Out: Requirements, Price and Closing Date