The Ogun State Polytechnic is one of the frequently chosen state-owned institutions that very many aspirants will consider in UTME this year. Some who didn’t choose the polytechnic might choose to change to them during the change of institutions/courses exercise.
However, one confusing fact is that a polytechnic, like a university or college of education, may use post-UTME computer-based tests to admit aspirants while others own use screening methods. See the difference between post UTME and screening.
Post UTME method will require candidates to obtain a school form online and later attend an exam that is usually computer-based. Whereas, the screening method may just be an online registration and nothing more. It may also include a physical screening of candidates and their documents.
The question is, for the Ogun State Polytechnic or Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY), is it post UTME or screening? Will the polytechnic conduct post UTME entrance test after the online registration or candidates are just required to register online and wait for admission lists?
MAPOLY Uses Online Screening Only
The direct answer to your question of whether you will write post UTME test or do screening for the polytechnic is YES, MAPOLY adopts screening only method. Candidates are not required to write any exams before being admitted.
Interestingly, after the online screening registration, the polytechnic doesn’t require their admission seekers to come for either exams or physical screening. Candidates are only required to print their screening application confirmation slips and wait for the admission lists.
How MAPOLY Conducts Screening Exercises
- The Polytechnic will announce the sales of her post UTME screening forms on the official portal.
- Candidates who chose the polytechnic as the first choice institution are required to obtain the form making a payment for the screening on the school admission portal.
- Candidates who didn’t choose the polytechnic but now want to consider it as their first choice institution are also allowed to. Then after or before the screening registration, they’re to change on the JAMB portal.
- The polytechnic usually draws 120 or above UTME score as her cut-off marks. Hence, with 120 or above, you’re eligible to apply for the online screening
- As at the time of this post, after the completion of the online application, candidates are required to print two slips; the completed online screening slip – detailing all your details and screening photocard. This photo-card can be confusing because it has details like SEAT NO. and instructions asking you to shade your JAMB registration and phone number in the exam hall. Don’t be confused! This was the same template that the polytechnic was using far back when they were writing exams. They have not changed the platform to date. This doesn’t mean you will go for any exams. The polytechnic has stoped such exams.
- After the registration online, candidates are to be following their admission status on the school portal by regularly be logging into their portals and checking the ADMISSION STATUS. Also, candidates may be lucky to see their status first through the JAMB CAPS. Hence, you have to monitor the two channels.
- After being offered admissions, candidates are to report to the school with their O’level results (original or statement of result), O’level result checkers, local government identification, birth certificate/age declaration, original JAMB result, and JAMB admission letter (where available).