I think you may find yourself in the same dilemma if you’re an aspirant of the state-owned polytechnic in Iree town.
There is a need to ask this question if you want to know how to prepare yourself for what is to come after the release of JAMB results. Will you write exams before being offered admission or there will just a physical screening? To know the difference between the two, read this post. To get a direct answer to the question at hand, here will go.
YES – Screening! Iree Poly will conduct screening instead of writing entrance exams for their aspirants into various National Diploma courses. The screening only requires aspirants’ physical presence during chosen dates for verifications of papers.
How Will Iree Poly Conduct the Screening?
- The poly will announce the sales of their admission screening form. Candidates are expected to obtain the form by filling it online.
- During the registration, you’re to supply among other things your O’level subjects’ grades and UTME score.
- After the submission online, the system will automatically award you a score. This score is calculated with a certain grading system based on your 5 SSCE subjects required and the UTME score. The higher this score, the more likely you’re going to be offered admission.
- You will print out this score and present it during the school’s physical screening which will be conducted a few days after the online registration ends.
- During the physical screening, candidates’ Primary school certificate or testimonial, O’level results, JAMB scores, Local Government Identifications, Original JAMB results, and birth certificate will be checked and confirmed.
- After this, candidates should keep checking their admission status through the JAMB CAPS to know when the polytechnic has admitted them. You’re to accept the admission thereon if offered.
- The institution will later release the admission lists on the school portal as well.