Let’s get a clear picture of this challenge.
- Before you register for JAMB Direct entry, you must have in your possession the JAMB (UTME) registration number. This number must have been acquired when you gained admission for your first qualification – NCE, ND, HND, or BSC.
- This number has to be entered into the registration platform and must be found in the JAMB database (as a previously admitted candidate’s) before they can be able to register Direct Entry for you. JAMB needs and requires this number before you can register for DE.
- Candidates who gained admissions for their first qualifications through JAMB will have it handy. However, if you had gained admission without JAMB in your admission year, you will need the JAMB regularization before you can be given one. Then, you will be able to register for DE.
- If you’re confused about whether JAMB offered admission that year or not, check the JAMB matriculation list. This may save you a headache.
Back to the discourse. A few candidates had presented their JAMB registration numbers but found out, at the point of registration (CBT centers) for DE, that the numbers were not recognized by the JAMB application platform.
What could have caused that?
Let’s see a similar complaint below and the official JAMB answer before I clarify things further.
The applicant must have truly written JAMB in his admission year. He registered for and wrote the UTME. With that, he had a registration number which he now submitted for DE application.
But let ask him if he gained admission with the said JAMB. That is the point!
You can, of course, write JAMB in a year but never been offered admission with that result.
For instance, a candidate who wrote JAMB but failed or didn’t get the right mark to pull a full-time university, polytechnic, or college of education admission may gain the same through the Daily Part-time programme.
In that case, he didn’t use JAMB to gain admission. He was taken on a part-time, sandwich, or distance learning programme.
Hence, he should not just submit that year’s JAMB registration number for the Direct entry application unless he does what is called regularization.
In order to guide the applicant in our case study, JAMB says:
Before you proceed with the regularization, you will need to fill condonment of illegal admission form and the indemnity form on JAMB website for your records to be properly captured.
This simply means you should fill the form online, print out the indemnity form, and submit that to your school. The school forwards it to JAMB before they can approve your regularization.
How to Do JAMB Regularization to Activate that JAMB Registration Number
- After JAMB regularization approval, an applicant can be given a new JAMB registration number. This is if he didn’t write JAMB at all in the admission year.
- If he wrote JAMB that very year, he can just register the regularization on the JAMB registration number he got for the year. JAMB will approve that registration number instead of giving a new one.
- To register JAMB regularization, follow the guide here.
You’re advised to do regularization first. You can just activate that JAMB registration number through the regularization before you proceed to register for the Direct Entry.
Wishing you luck!
Best Related Posts
- JAMB Regularization For Direct Entry (DE): Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- Do Direct Entry (DE) Applicants Have to Write UTME or Post DE?
- How to Do JAMB Regularization For DE, HND, and NYSC
- 11 Questions About JAMB UTME/DE Registrations/Admissions and the Answers
- How to Upgrade UTME to DE For ND/NCE/JUPEB/IJMB/HND/Bsc/RN Holders