A few candidates were calling and texting to know why their JAMB CAPS was not opening. They’re facing a series of problems including the inability to log in to JAMB CAPS, able to log in but unable to navigate to where JAMB CAPS is, able to log in but unable to access CAPS, confusion between CAPS Admission and JAMB main Admission, etc,.
In fact, two candidates recently visited me not because their CAPS didn’t open but because they believed they were not yet offered admission. On logging in to their JAMB profiles, I found they were doing things wrongly. They’d been offered admissions already and never knew that after several daily checkings.
The reason for this and similar other issues with accessing the JAMB CAPS will be addressed in this post.
You Can’t Log to JAMB CAPS at All?
There were candidates who weren’t able to log in to their JAMB CAPS. This set of candidates will obviously say their CAPS was not opening.
Here are the possible reasons you weren’t able to login to the JAMB CAPS.
- You’re logging in with the wrong email. To solve this check the email on your JAMB registration or exam slip to be sure of the email used for your UTME/DE registration. Look out for small errors in the spelling of the email on the paper compared to the one you’re entering
- You’re not getting the password correctly. If your email was right but not able to log in still, it could be due to the wrong password. You can reset the password on your laptop or through email. You can as well reset your password through the phone/SMS.
- You’re visiting the wrong JAMB profile link. Check if you access the correct link for checking CAPS or you are mistaken. Here is the https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility./ and not this http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/ or similar other links.
You Can Log in But Can’t Navigate to JAMB CAPS Page
There were candidates who could log in, but on getting to the dashboard, they’re lost before being able to click on anything.
After logging in, to navigate to the CAPS page, follow the steps below:
- If you’re using a laptop or desktop computer, locate the card/link for Check Admission Status and click on that
- If you’re using a mobile phone, make sure you change your mobile view to desktop view. To do that, click on the three dots at the right corner of your browser, look for the setting option “Desktop View“. Check the box to change your mobile view to desktop view. Now, click on the Check Admission Status.
- On the next page, there will be two links/buttons to click. Look for the “Access My CAPS” link. Click on that but not the Check Admission Status Link.
- Make sure you choose the correct year of the exam before clicking
- On the next page, you will see a list of links to your left. Locate the Admission Status Link and click
- There you are. You’ve just navigated your way to the JAMB CAPS.
You Log in But Got Error “You Are Not Eligible to Use this Service”
This error usually happens to candidates who had used their last year or previous year’s JAMB profile for this year’s admission too.
Nothing is bad in using the old profile for the new admission. However, when you get to where you will choose the year of admission before clicking the Acess My CAPS, you must make sure that you select the current year.
If otherwise, this is the error that will pop up and unless you do things rightly, the error will persist.
You Logged in But Checking the Admission Status says, “Sorry, You have Not been Given Admission Yet…”.
In most cases, candidates mix things up about the Checking Admission Status link and Access My CAPS link.
Listen, you have to be careful here.
While the Access My CAPS will take you to the CAPS page as earlier detailed, the Check Admission Status link will check if you’ve accepted the admission from the CAPS page.
In other words, every candidate will need to use Access My CAPS link until offered admission there and it’s accepted. It’s after you must have been offered admission on CAPS and accept it that the Check Admission Status Link will be active. If you’re using the latter before accepting CAPS admission, it will only be telling you that you’d not been offered even though your admission is waiting on the CAPS.
If offered admission on CAPS and accepted, you can now use the Check Admission Status link. Then, it will now display your admission details with your passport photo.
Best Related Posts
- How to Change My JAMB Portal Password
- Lost JAMB SIM/Line, Reg/Exams/Change Slip? Get it Back!
- If I’ve Done UTME, Do I Still Need JAMB Part-Time Registration?
- Can the School I Changed From Offer me Admission?
- Am I to Pay Acceptance Fee on JAMB or School Portal?