Take a look at these:
- After Changing Institutions, How To Know If It Has Reflected
- Change of Course Has Not Reflected, Can I Register Post UTME?
- Can I Do Change of Institution and Post UTME The Same Day?
In order not to take you off what you’re NOT looking for, post number 1 above can help you on how to confirm if it has reflected or not. Use that guide if you’re still confused about how to check it.
If you’re contemplating on whether you can still register Post UTME before the change reflects, use the guide number 2. Some schools will allow you to register for their post UTMEs before your changes reflect on their portals.
The guide 3 is the twin sister to the 1 above it. If you’re just doing the change of institution today or in few days and want to register for post UTME the same day or a few days later, you will find that guide handy.
What To Do If Change of Institutions/Courses Doesn’t Reflect
Must your new school collect your registration details from JAMB before you register for her post UTME?
For some schools, they wait to collect your details from JAMB before they can allow you to register for their Post UTMEs. For some, no need to wait for JAMB updates before you can register. If you fall to the former, you must wait. If the latter, you can continue with your registration without expecting any reflection on the school portal first. That’s what I detailed in Guide 2 above.
My Recommendations If Change of Institutions/Courses Doesn’t Reflect On Time
1. Wait Until a Few Days to The Post UTME Closing Date
Some schools will not update their admission portal database until 24 hours or less to the closing date of their post UTME registrations. Candidates may be unnecessarily bothered. Yet, you must wait. It will eventually reflect unless the school aims to extend its post UTME registration deadlines.
2. Check If You Meet the JAMB Cut Off Marks Announced
I had recently tried registering for a candidate for FUTA Post UTME. We waited for days to see his change of institution to reflect. But nothing until the post UTME was over. I had blamed the school for the omission before I noticed that the poor guy scored less than the cut-off mark announced by the university.
Meanwhile, the university would only ask JAMB to send details of applicants who met their cut-off marks of 180 and above. Nothing less!
3. Check If You Chose The School Rightly – the First Choice?
If you’re choosing a school accepting first-choice candidates only as your own second-choice institution, your JAMB change will not reflect. If that school is in the second position, check the school post-UTME advert to see if they are opened to you. If not, that could be the reason why things are not reflecting.
4. Check If the Post UTME is Not Closed
Consider going back to the website page where the school announced the sales of the post UTME and the closing date for the form. See if the day has not passed. If it has, you shouldn’t expect the school to accept any further changes from JAMB.
Similarly, confirm if there is an announcement of the extension of the sales of the form. You may be reassured of further patience if the school extends things.
5. Be Sure You Confirm If The School Shows on JAMB CAPS
Best Related Posts
- What to Do If Offered Admission For a Different Course in JAMB CAPS
- Can I Register For Post UTME of a School Not Chosen in JAMB? See Answer
- Admission is Given on School Portal But Not on JAMB CAPS. Here is Why and What to Do
- Will I Be Offered Admission if I Change Institutions? See Answer
- After Changing Institution, Can The Previous School Offer Me Admission? See Answer