WAEC GCE: All you need to know about ’Walk-in-Candidates’ Registration.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates (WASSCE – P), as the name implies, is simply for private, out-of-school candidates.
Prospective candidates enrol for the examination after the float of entries, either during the normal entry period or through the walk-in-candidates option.
The NORMAL entry period lasts very close to the beginning of the examination. The close of normal entries is supposed to end access to the examination. In which case, no prospective candidate can register for the examination any more after the close of the normal entry period.
However, in an attempt to assist prospective candidates who missed out on the normal registration exercise due to one reason or the other, the walk-in-candidate option was devised and introduced to the pre-examination (registration) process.
Thus, it enables prospective candidates to participate in the examination without necessarily having to wait till next year’s diet.
In WAEC GCE, What is Walk-in-Candidate?
This is an option that enables candidates to register for the WAEC GCE after the closure of the WAEC GCE Registration Portal. Candidates can register a day or even hours before the commencement of the subject they want to write.
Highlights of Walk-in-Candidates:
- It obtains only in the Private Candidates Examination; it is not obtainable in the School Candidates Examination.
- There is only one central centre per state. The walk-in-candidates are not mixed up with the normal candidates. The centre is to be sited close to where the WAEC Office is located.
- A prospective candidate reports in person to the Zonal or Branch Office of residence for registration. Enrolment can only be done in the WAEC Branch or Zonal Office.
- A prospective candidate is enrolled on the spot. His/her photograph and biometric features are captured on the spot. His/her photo card is printed and presented to him or her instantly.
- No registration by proxy. Nobody can register on behalf of the candidate.
- A prospective candidate can only enrol for and take the subjects that had not been taken at the time he/she wants to enrol for the examination.
- Enrolment can be done a day or even hours to the commencement of the subject(s) a prospective candidate wishes to sit provided the process is completed and the candidate gets to the Examination Hall before the commencement of the examination.
- As a corollary of the above, the normal entry period ends close to the commencement of the examination. The walk-in-candidates entry can only commence after the close of normal entries, either a day or hour(s) to the commencement of the subject a candidate wishes to sit. It does not take place simultaneously with the normal entries.
- There is no difference between the candidature of the candidate that enrolled through normal entries and the walk-in-candidate. Both of them write the same examination and the scripts are given the same treatment. The results are processed and released together.
- While the normal entry fee is N13, 950.00 (Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira) only, the walk-in-candidates entry fee is N30, 500.00 (Thirty Thousand Five Hundred Naira) only. It is a bit higher because of the logistics involved.
The walk-in-candidates option is primarily meant for candidates who missed the normal entry period. It enables them to move on with their academic pursuit without having to waste an extra year at home for reasons of not taking advantage of the normal entry window. It affords candidates the ample opportunity to correct their deficiencies in their ‘just-released’ results and quickly move on to access the next level of their academic pursuit.
How to Register for 2020 WAEC GCE as a Walk-in Candidates
Candidates who wish to register for the Walk-in-Candidate must report in person to the Zonal or Branch Office of residence for registration. Enrolment can only be done in the WAEC Branch or Zonal Office.
If you still have any question, please feel free to ask us using the comment box below and we will be very pleased to answer you.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.