UNIVERSITIES SELLING POST UTME/SCREENING FORMS TO CANDIDATES WHO DID NOT CHOOSE THEM IN JAMB
Let’s talk about universities that accept candidates who did not choose them in UTME. These universities are so generous that they accept candidates who never chose them UTME to obtain their post UTME or screening forms.
And if candidates performed well, they could be offered admission eventually. So, who are these institutions?
First the list, but there is very important information after reading through the universities. Ensure you read to the very end of the post.
- All Private Universities in Nigeria
- Ladoke Akintola University
- Osun State University
- University of Ibadan (Federal College of Education Oyo)
- Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ABTU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Federal College of Education, Okene – FCE,
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Ebonyi State University
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education
- Umaru Musa Yar’adua University
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Federal University Otuoke
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Federal University Otuoke Bayelsa State
- Plateau State University Bokkos
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Atiba University Oyo, Oyo State
- Tai Solain University of Education
- Other Degree awarding universities and affiliates
Registration for Post UTME/Screening of All Universities Accepting Candidates who Did not Choose them in JAMB.
You see, normally, all candidates who wish to try these universities must, as well, register for their post-UTME/DE or screening exercises. This is where the problem comes up.
Even though the universities allow you to register for the post UTMEs without choosing them in UTME, they will still instruct you to change them to your first-choice institution before you can eventually be considered for admission.
In other words, they bait you to register for Post UTME without choosing them in JAMB. Then, they ask you to change to them when JAMB opens the change of institutions’ exercise (which doesn’t actually close across the year).
The same happens to all the schools you chose as a second choice. I explained that better in my post, “Choosing Universities, Polytechnics, and Others as Second Choice: Will they Give you Admissions?”
JAMB Only Offers You Admission into University You Chose as the First Choice
You should know, by now, that it’s both JAMB and institutions in charge of offering admissions to candidates. So, the schools won’t just give you admission by themselves. It has to pass through JAMB before your admission can be recognized and be able to print JAMB admission letters.
This is the very reason those institutions listed above will still insist on you changing to them as first-choice schools before you can be offered admission eventually.
In that case, there are two possibilities if you write post UTME of a university you didn’t choose.
- The schools will ask you to change them to your first-choices before you can partake in their screening and forward your name to JAMB for approval.
- They can give you admission and later ask you to change them to the first choice before JAMB can prepare your official admission letter.
If you must risk registering for the post UTME of any of these universities that accept candidates who did not choose them, just be on the fence for them. If you don’t have hope for the one you initially chose, you can then change to the new one finally if their chance is higher.
People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.