While seeking admission into colleges of education, you may want to know if you can use that to cross to a university later through JAMB Direct entry forms. Literally, all Mass Communication aspirants prefer going to universities to polytechnics or colleges of Education. But due to their JAMB score and competition, a few will resolve to polytechnics while others will go to the colleges.
While those who make it to polytechnics studying Mass Communication are more certain that they can easily obtain DE form after their two-year National Diploma programme, their counterparts who make it to colleges of education (where no Mass Communication is available) will be contemplating on whether it’s possible to use their NCE to obtain DE form and process admission into universities too.
And where you’re aware you can use NCE to cross to universities, can you do that for Mass Communication? And where that is possible, what are the universities accepting NCE for Mass Communication DE admission?
Certain Universities Accept NCE for Mass Communication
First, feel relieved because we have a few universities you can consider for Mass Communication admission after your NCE. However, not all NCE candidates are acceptable for Mass Communication by the selected universities in question.
Below is the list of conditions to meet before those universities will consider your through Direct Entry admission:
- Applicants must have a good grade (usually credit, distinction). Although some universities will still be lenient if you have a lower grade. Yet, the higher the grade the better.
- The good grades should be from relevant or related NCE courses. Though you have two dependent courses e.g English/Political Science, Engish/Social Studies, having a better grade from the mother course (i.e English) will be better for you.
- These universities may not be specific about the NCE course combination they want when they use “related” or “relevant”, candidates should be real about how related their courses are to Mass Communication before making attempt.
NCE Courses Suitable For Mass Communication Admissions
- English (double major)
- English/other Languages
- Christain Religion Studies/other Languages
- Political Science/other Languages
- Cultural and Creative Arts/other Languages
- French/other Languages
- History/other Languages
- Islamic Religion Studies/other Languages
- Music/other Languages
- Special Education/and others
- Theater Arts/other Languages
- Theater Arts/Others
9 Universities That Accept NCE for Mass Communication Through Direct Entry
Below is the list of the universities accepting NCE for Mass Communication admissions
- Rhema University, Aba (RHEMA) accepts good NCE, ND/HND in relevant programmes/subjects.
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka accepts good NCE, ND/HND in relevant programmes/subjects.
- Benson Idahosa University, Edo State (BIU) requires in addition to the ‘O’ Level requirements specified, a minimum of two (2) relevant subjects passed at ‘A’ Level or NCE three (3) merits or ND in relevant programme/subject, not below credit level.
- Renaissance University (RNU) Enugu (RENAISSANCE) accepts NCE, ND/HND, or First Degree in relevant subjects plus UTME requirements.
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lekki Lagos (PAN-ATLANTIC) accepts NCE lower credit in relevant subjects.
- Mountain Top University Makogi Oba, Ogun State (MOUNTAIN TOP) requires accepts TWO JUPEB passes or A-Level in relevant subjects, National Diploma in Journalism, Mass Communication or Media Studies (with at least Lower Credit) from recognized universities, and NCE (English Language combination) with Upper Credit”
- Edo University, Iyamho (EUI) accepts NCE with passes at merit level in a relevant subject.
- Kaduna State University Kaduna (KASU) accepts at least HND/ND Lower Credit and NCE Merit in Mass Communication and IJMB with 7 points and above in Social Science subjects.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts NCE credit in Theatre Arts or relevant subject.
Best Related Posts
- Can I Use NCE to Seek HND Admission? See Answer
- Universities Offering Sandwich Programmes in Nigeria
- After Completing NCE, What Next? NCE Graduates Must-Read.
- 11+ Universities/Courses Accept NCE for 300 Level DE Admissions
- Will I Serve at NYSC After Part-Time, Distance Learning or Sandwich Degree/HND?