GUIDE TO MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION REGARDS JAMB CHANGING OF INSTITUTION AND COURSES IF YOU SCORE 100, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170 etc
It’s another admission year. UTME has come and gone. We now decide on our next move after seeing our results. That next move is JAMB changing of institutions and courses. This has to be done before schools start to be selling their post UTME forms.
You’re confused about which schools you should consider at this juncture. You’re not the only one who seems down to making the right decisions. It’s a general concern whether you have a higher score or lower one for that matter. More than a hundred students found themselves in the same dilemma which I’d helped them on.
If you care to know how we’d helped others, read this post to the very end for your first aid guide to a successful and error-free changing of institution and courses.
10 Things to Know About JAMB Change of Data, Institutions and Course
Why Students do Change of Institutions and Courses?
Ordinarily, it’s easy to believe that the only reason admission seekers consider changing schools is because of low marks in UTME. No!
Candidates take to this for other reasons. Let’s look at those reasons that may lead you to change institutions and courses.
- If you scored lower mark than expected. In this case, you want to go for a school who can accept your mark.
- If you score higher than expected. This happens when a candidate had thought he would not perform to the expectation of a school but surprisingly, he got mark required by the school. He now decides to go back to the school.
- If at the registration center, they mistakenly chose a wrong school or course for you or you earlier chose a wrong school.
- If they chose the wrong UTME subjects for you. You may need to change to a course that is appropriate for the combination. See: What Candidates Should Do With Wrong Subjects Combination.
- If the earlier course requires a higher mark than you had in JAMB, then you’ll have to change to a course perfect for your score.
- If suddenly your school just increase the tuition or you later realize you can’t afford school tuition.
List of Universities to Change To If You Scored Less Than 200
200 and above is generally the most look-up-to mark for any student to gain admission. Yet with a good plan and chasing of the right schools, you can still secure admission with less mark than 200.
From experience, some schools will not accept any mark of less than 200. University of Ibadan, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, University of Benin, University of Lagos are a few of such universities that will only accept 200 and above from admission seekers. Even if JAMB declared any mark less as the national cut-off mark, these institutions would insist on 200 and above.
12 Federal Universities that Accept 180 and Above in UTME
- Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Federal University Dutsin-Ma,
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Oye-Ekiti Federal University
- University of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID)
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto University of Uyo, (UNIUYO)
- Niger Delta University (NDU)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- University of Ilorin (some of their courses only require you to have 180 and above while others require 200 to 240)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State (accepts 180 and above for some courses while 200 and above for others)
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
16 State Universities that Accept 180 and Above in UTME
- Imo State University (IMSU)
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Ambrose Ali University Ekpoma
- Anambra State University (ANSU)
- TAI Solarin University of Education (TASUED)
- Katsina Federal University
- Bayelsa State Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- Enugu State University of Science Tech (ESUT)
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology, (RSUST)
- Delta State University, Abraka, (DELSU)
- Kogi State University, (KSU)
- Ambrose Alli University Edo State (AAU)
- Osun State University University, Osogbo (accepts 160 and above for some courses and 200 and above for others)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin
- Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH) accepts 160 and above for all their courses.
Note: I will keep updating this list if you can visit us again. You can subscribe to my blog receive updates to your email.
Meanwhile, with 180 and above, you can still consider changing to polytechnics. Polytechnics generally will accept 150 and above. Hence, if chosen any as the first choice, you will be given an edge over those who chose them as the second choice.
List of Universities to Change to If You Scored Less Than 150
Ok, you only got a mark between 150 and 179 but you still prefer universities.
Sincerely, Federal University of Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) and Abia State University, Uturu, (ABSU) were universities in the past that accepted 150 above. You can give them a trial. However, you will do well not going for more competitive courses. UPDATE: ABSU just changed to 160 in the 2019 admission exercise.
Also, note that these universities may change their systems anytime without notice.
Also, the cut-off mark is subject to change at any time. Hence, you may not be lucky if the school eventually changes to a higher cut off mark this year.
I don’t recommend them if you don’t have more As and Bs in your O’level result and your JAMB score is not higher.
Majority of Private owned and newly created universities will consider you for post UTME if you just score 150 or a bit higher.
List of the Universities to change to if you score less than 100 to 149.
If you still insist on universities, then don’t bother. Some private universities will accept any candidate provided he writes UTME. In fact, don’t believe what you read online about these private institutions.
They can consider any mark once you write UTME. Just visit the school and tell them what you want. One school recently announced 140 for her post UTME. When I called to tell them I had a student who wanted to obtain their form with 125, they asked us to pick up the form and leave the rest to them.
19+ Schools that Accept 100 and Above for Post UTME/Admission
Change Your Polytechnic or College to First Choice
Yes. And if you’re not aware, now you do. Let me explain better …
This is recommended if you’d scored between 150 and 179. Such polytechnics consider those who chose them as the first choice before others.
The same is applicable to colleges of education.
I believe this piece will help you make the right decision. If however you’re not cleared with anything or you want a further explanation, drop a comment below.
People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.
Best Related Posts
- Nigerian Police Academy (POLAC) Admission forms for UTME candidates is On Sales
- NDA: Answers to Students Questions on Nigerian Defence Academy Admission
- CAPS: System Through Which JAMB Will Give Admission to Aspirants
- BSc, HND, OND, NCE Admissions: What are the Differences Among all Awards
- UTME is Over! What Admission Aspirants Should Be Expecting in a Few Weeks After
- How Dumbest Students Gain Admission but You’re Still Struggling