I had recently covered a great deal of work on this. I recommend you read either of the posts below if you’re concerned.
- AWAITING RESULTS for JAMB and Other Admissions: What You Must Know
- Direct Entry Candidates Applying With Awaiting Results (AR): What You Must Know
If not, or you decide to come back to that, let’s look into this further and see how using it works for admissions into the universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, or any other higher institutions.
All Higher Institutions are Accepting Awaiting Results
All aspirants now seek admissions into any higher institution in Nigeria through JAMB. The exams and matriculation board allows all their UTME/DE takers to use awaiting results during the JAMB UTME/DE registrations. Though such a result must be provided, eventually, before applicants can be offered spaces in schools.
JAMB Won’t Offer Awaiting Result Candidates Admission
Let’s get this straight.
JAMB now administers admission together with all schools. Hence, what matters to your university, polytechnic or college is to receive admission lists from JAMB. Schools recommend you to those JAMB based on your performance in UTME score, post-UTME score, or screening performance. JAMB the check to see if you have the required O’level results for the proposed course before you can be offered admission.
The process above is called JAMB CAPS. Read more on it here.
Therefore, JAMB won’t accept the admssion proposal for candidates without SSCE results. Hence, if you use awaiting results during UTME till the admission time, you won’t be offered admission unless your result is with JAMB.
So what do you do? How do give the result back to JAMB before the admission exercise?
JAMB Instructs all Awaiting results candidates to upload it
Even though JAMB (for all schools) accepts awaiting results, they won’t offer you admission based on this. You’re to return to the nearest accredited CBT centre and upload it to the JAMB platform as soon as the result is released and your required subjects/grades are met.
- How to Upload O’Level (SSCE), ND, and NCE Results to JAMB Portal
- Is Re-uploading of O’level Results to JAMB Portal for Everyone?
- NO ADMISSION YET, Why O’level Result is the Reason for Delay
|UNILAG warned their 2018 aspirants awaiting results|
It’s after this that JAMB can process your admission. This is why most schools will warn you during post UTME or after the results are out to return to the JAMB portal and upload your result. They know if you pass their post-UTME but your O’level result is not with JAMB, you won’t be offered admission at the end.
Best Related Posts
- Can I Upload O’level Results to JAMB Portal After Post UTME? See Answer
- Can I Upload Outstanding or Held Results on JAMB/School Portal? See Answer
- Meaning and Solutions to Held, Outstanding Results: WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB
- Deadline For Uploading of O’level Results to JAMB Portal
- Universities Accepting WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, and GCE, How to Combine, How to Check, etc