UPDATED LIST OF NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES OFFERING NUTRITION AND DIETETICS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Dietetics is the science of how food and nutrition affects human health. … Dietitian nutritionists use nutrition and food science to help people improve their health. Nutrition and dietetic technicians work with dietitian nutritionists to provide care and consultation to patients.
See: Career prospects for graduates of Nutrition and Dietetics
Degree Awarding Institutions for Nutrition and Dietetic
- Bells University of Technology, Ota Abeokuta, Ogun State (BELLS)
- The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State (FUNAAB)
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State (UNN)
- Wesley University, Ondo (Formerly Wesley University of Science and Technology) Ondo, Ondo State Nigeria
- Imo State University in Owerri, Imo State (IMSU)
- Bayero University Kano, Kano State (BUK)
- Babcock University Ilishan Remo (BABCOCK)
- Bowen University Iwo Osun State (BOWEN)
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Two (2) A level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) of Biology, Agricultural Science, Botany and Zoology.
SSCE (O’LEVEL) RESULTS REQUIREMENT
Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Agric Science.
JAMB UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION
Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and one (1) of Mathematics, Geography, Economics or Physics
Special Conditions to Note for Nutrition and Dietetics Admission
(i) MINNA accepts ND/HND not below lower credit.
(i) MINNA requires five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Agricultural Science and any one (1) of Physics, Geography or Economics. At least O level pass in Physics is required.
(ii) FUNAAB requires five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics. Candidates with O level pass in Biology must possess O level credit pass in Agricultural Science. It does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology
FUNAAB does not accept Economics or Geography.