As a graduate of the Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE), you may want to consider Accounting in your Direct Entry admission into a university. Usually, NCE holders are easily considered for admission into Education courses through the JAMB Direct entry form into any universities offering the same or related courses. However, there are a few other universities that will offer you courses such as Accounting; which is a non-education course.
Meanwhile, NCE applicants seeking DE admissions for Accounting will have to satisfy certain requirements. He or she, among other things, must:
- have studied the same or a related course while in the college of education
- have obtained a competitive grade (though some universities still accept very lower grades)
- obtain JAMB direct entry form and consider the university of choice as the first choice
- obtain the university’s post-DE/screening form and partake in the entrance exams, online screening, or physical screening (whichever is applicable)
- send the academic transcript to the proposed university (only if required)
- possess at least five (5) SSCE subjects required for Accountancy/Accounting.
14 List of Universities Accepting NCE holders for Accountancy/Accounting
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU), Adamawa State accepts NCE in the relevant fields
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (UNIZIK) Anambra State accepts NCE in the relevant fields
- Abia State University Uturu (ABSU), accepts NCE in the relevant fields
- Madonna University Okija Anambra State accepts NCE in the relevant fields
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Uli (COOU ), Anambra State accepts NCE in the relevant fields
- Benue State University (BSU), Makurdi Benue State accepts NCE lower merit plus five (5) ‘O’ Level subjects requirements to include Economics at one (1) sittings
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Abakaliki Ebonyi State accepts NCE with passes at Merit level in relevant programmes.
- Evangel University, Akaeze Ebonyi State requires NCE in addition to the SSCE requirements.
- Federal University Dutsin-Ma Katsina State accepts NCE with good grades in Accounting or any related courses from a recognized institution.
- McPherson University Seriki-Sotayo, Ogun State accepts NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects
- Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) Nasarawa State accepts NCE credit/merit in Business Education.
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK) Sokoto State accepts NCE (Business Education).
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Enugu State accepts in addition to the SSCE requirements NCE in relevant programmes
- Wellspring University, Benin City, Edo State accepts NCE at merit/credit from recognized institutions
Best Related Posts