Admissions through Direct Entry may not pose many concerns for applicants who are with higher grades such as upper credit, distinction, 12 or 13 points, credits, and so on. However, lower credit, merit, and 9 or 10 points candidates may need to search a bit further to see universities accepting such.
Direct Entry admission for Business Administration and Management requires studying the JAMB brochure before making choices of universities. I have, of course, saved you the pain. Here are my findings from the official brochure if you need universities that will accept lower grades and A’level lower points for admissions for Business Administration and Management.
Before we proceed
- A’level represents the likes of IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB Advanced, and Cambridge. Pay attention to this if that’s your intention for reading this piece
- SSEC requirements are mentioned along with some conditions. By SSCE requirements, it means passes needed in 5 subjects related to the proposed course.
- Other requirements for Direct Entry admission include NCE, ND, HND, and BSC.
Universities Accepting Lower Credit, Lower Grades, Points from ND, NCE, IJMB, JUPEB, etc for Direct Entry Admissions
- Crescent University (CUAB) accepts NCE credit, ND lower credit, and approved equivalent of may be admitted to the appropriate level.
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) accepts two (2) Principal and one(1) subsidiary passes in any of the following subjects: Principles of Accounts, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Government and Commerce. In addition to the IJMB/A Level, candidates should have credit passes in three (3) SSCE subjects as per O’Level requirements other than the ones obtained at IJMB/A Level. The university also accepts ND lower credit in related courses.
- University of Nigeria (UNN) accepts for three (3) year programme Direct Entry candidates to possess any of the following qualifications Two (2) A’Level passes or its equivalent in any of the following subjects: Government, History, Economics, Business Management, Accounting and Geography plus the SSCE requirements and HND lower credit of recognised institutions plus the SSCE requirements.
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN) accepts A’Level passes in two (2) of the following subjects: Economics, Geography, Business Studies, Government, Accounting and Book-Keeping, in addition to the SSCE requirements and ND lower credit and approved equivalents in relevant programmes may be considered.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts HND lower credit in relevant programmes in addition to five (5) O’level credit passes.
- Kwara State University (KWASU) accepts IJMB, Cambridge ONLY, HND Accounting (Lower Credit)
- CRAWFORD Univerity accepts NCE merit in Business Management or any Social Science subject and ND/HND lower credit in relevant subjects.
- Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Katsina (UMYUK) requires minimum of nine (9) points in IJMB/HSC/GCE A’Level/NCE in Economics, Mathematics and any of Social and Management Science subjects. Candidates with ND lower credit in relevant programmes from recognised institutions may also be admitted.
- NILE University of Nigeria accepts any two (2) A’Level passes in Arts or Social Science subjects, ND/HND lower credit or NCE merit in relevant programmes.
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (UMUDIKE) requires two (2) A’Level passes in Accounting and any other subject from Economics, Mathematics, Government. Accepts NCE, ND, HND lower credit in relevant programmes in addition to SSCE requirements.
- MOUNTAIN TOP University requires a candidate is expected to meet the minimum entry requirements into the University as well as possess in Economics and Business Management at the A-Level/JUPEB obtained from MTU or any other recognized Universities or possession of a minimum of Lower Credit in National Diploma or its equivalent in Business Studies. Candidates must also pass the screening interview conducted by the University.
- Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA) accepts HND lower credit. The university also requires ‘A’ Level pass in Economics or Business Management.
- MADONNA University accepts ND lower credit, AIB and Degree/HND in relevant programmes.
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU) accepts ND lower credit, AIB and Degree/HND in relevant programmes.
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) accepts ND lower credit, AIB and Degree/HND in relevant programmes.
- NASARAWA State University accepts HND at lower credit, AIB or other Professional qualifications in relevant programmes or IJMB in relevant subjects not below ten (10) points.
- Plateau State University (PLASU) accepts degree in any programme provided the candidate meets the ‘O’ Level requirements (2) HND lower credit in relevant programmes, with the ‘O’ Level requirements, (3) ND lower credit in relevant programmes, with the ‘O’ Level requirements. (4) IJMB minimum of seven (7) points with passes in relevant subjects, with the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO) accepts HND lower credit
- WELLSPRING University accepts ND, NCE, IJMB, NABTEB ‘A’ Level, HND passes at credit/lower credit level in relevant subjects/programmes in addition to the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- Pan-Atlantic University accepts:
- Two (2) A-Level passes in any relevant subjects
- ND lower credit in relevant programmes.
- NCE lower credit in relevant programmes.
- HND lower credit in relevant programmes.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) in relevant subjects.
Best Related Posts
- Agricultural Economics: Universities Accepting Lower Credit, Grades for Direct Entry (DE)
- Accounting: Universities Accepting Lower Grades for Direct Entry (DE) Candidates
- BSC, HND, OND, NCE Admissions: What are the Differences Among all Awards
- JAMB Brochure: Updated Subject Combination for All Courses
- Commerce for OAU Admissions: What is the Real Truth?