Not every admission seeker is favoured with higher grades from NCE, ND, HND or BSC, etc. Yet, those with lower grades or points from their previous universities, polytechnic, or colleges want to proceed to universities through JAMB direct entry. But the chance is very slim unless they can focus on the universities known for accepting lower grades including Lower credit, merit, etc.
This is why a careful DE applicant, with a lower grade, will want to know, forearmed, universities to consider.
Several universities offering Agriculture Economics and/Extension also accept DE applications. However, a few consider lower grades. Below is the list of such universities as extracted from the official JAMB brochure.
List of the Universities Accepting Lower Credit, NCE Merit, etc for Agricultural Economics and Extensions
- University of Nigeria (UNN) accepts ND/NCE/HND and Degree in Agricultural Science/Animal Health and related programs with a minimum of Lower Credit/merit in addition to UTME requirements.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts HND lower credit in any one of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, and Cooperatives, Fisheries, Forestry & Wildlife Mgt., Geology, Advanced Microbiology, Food and Brewing Science, Science Laboratory Technology plus the UTME requirements. The university also accepts NCE merit in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics plus the UTME requirements.
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO) accepts HND lower credit, NCE merit in relevant programs plus SSCE requirements.
- Taraba State University (TSU) accepts A’Level passes to include Chemistry and any of Biology, Agricultural Science, Economics and ND lower credit and NCE merit
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY) accepts 1) OND/HND in Agric and another relevant field with a minimum of Lower Credit 2.) IJMB with 7 points credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science or Mathematics.
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ) accepts ND lower credit and NCE merit
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU): NCE with minimum merit passes in relevant subjects
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) accepts HND with at least a (Lower Credit) from a recognized institution, including UTME entry requirements for a 3-year degree programme. Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized institution with a minimum of Credit Pass, including UTME entry requirements
A’level Includes the IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB A’level, Cambridge A’level
Best Related Posts
- Business Admin & Management: Universities Accepting Lower Grades for Direct Entry (DE)
- Accounting: Universities Accepting Lower Grades for Direct Entry (DE) Candidates
- BSC, HND, OND, NCE Admissions: What are the Differences Among all Awards
- JAMB Brochure: Updated Subject Combination for All Courses
- Commerce for OAU Admissions: What is the Real Truth?