DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES APPLYING WITH AWAITING RESULTS (AR): WHAT YOU MUST KNOW
Let’s answer your questions: can someone applying for direct entry use awaiting results?, the list of universities that accept awaiting result for direct entry, IscLASU accepting awaiting results for DE? Are all Nigerian universities accepting awaiting results?
Are you seeking admission through direct entry (DE)? Do you fall into the category of DE applicants who wish to use awaiting results for their registrations? You may want to know your position if your ND, NCE, IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB, and Cambridge Advanced Level results are not out but you do want to take advantage of the current JAMB DE form.
I had covered so much on the use of AR for admissions including UTME, Remedial, Advanced courses, Predegree, etc in the past.
Direct Entry (DE) Applicants are Allowed to Use A’level Awaiting Results
Yes. Applicants for DE are allowed to use awaiting results but which result precisely? Let’s see things further.
Before you apply for DE, you must be a holder of ND, NCE, IJMB, JUPEB, HND, BSC, etc. The final result called “the statement of result” or the certificate from any of these programmes will be needed at the CBT center where you will fill your DE application. The center will:
- Fill in the details on it,
- Scan and upload it to the JAMB portal
What if your previous school has not completed preparing the results for your set? What if they are yet to be giving results out to any of you that graduated the particular year? Can you use awaiting result to apply for your DE?
The answer is YES. Go ahead to the CBT center after obtaining the form and fill in AR for your result.
However, you must visit any CBT center immediately after your result is released. Take the printed copy to them for scanning and uploading.
Direct Entry Applicants May Not Use O’level Awaiting Results
A similar case is for DE applicants wishing to use SSCE awaiting resultS.
This is unusual though.
How did you complete your NCE, ND, IJMB, JUPEB, etc without SSCE result in the first place?
So, I don’t think it is done well if you have completed and awarded result of your previous course using AR throughout.
If however, your case is that you wish to write a better SSCE result to pull the new admission, you may want to use SSCE awaiting result at this stage.
The conclusion here is that, once, you use awaiting for either your O’level or A’level qualification, you must go back to CBT centre as soon as it is ready for uploading.
Your admission will be on hold until this is done well. Neither the school nor JAMB will give you admission with AWAITING RESULT status on your profile.
What CBT Centre will Fill For DE Applications Using Awaiting Results
- For those who use awaiting results for SSCE, the center will fill in AR for all your required subjects and leave the space for “scanned upload” empty until you return for reuploading later.
- For those using A’level awaiting results, the center will fill in AR for your grade, then you have zero (0) point.
- Note that no school will give you admission for 0 points.
Universities Accepting Awaiting Result For Direct Entry
As earlier said, if your grade doesn’t reflect in your registration, no school will give you admission. So don’t be misled that some schools may still offer you space notwithstanding.
Let’s see how admission will be processed to get a better idea of why.
- After your DE registration, JAMB will forward the list of applicants to the schools so they can prepare or invite you for their post-UTME/DE or screening (whichever the school is using).
- The school conducts the entrance and/or screening. Then if you pass, they forward the list of applicants they prefer to JAMB
- JAMB checks to see that you’ve uploaded all your results i.e SSCE and NCE, ND, etc during or after the DE registration. If things are all completed, they give you admission through JAMB CAPS which you must accept before you can be able to print the JAMB admission letter.
- Then, the school is sent the final list before they upload that to the school portal for you to see and pay your acceptance fee.
In summary, if anything is missing in your JAMB profile especially any of your results, your admission will be on hold (even if the school wishes to give you) until you do the right thing.
People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.
- Choosing Universities, Polytechnics, and Others as Second Choice: Will they Give you Admissions
- Business Admin & Management: Universities Accepting Lower Grades for Direct Entry (DE)
- Agricultural Economics: Universities Accepting Lower Credit, Grades for Direct Entry (DE)
- Accounting: Universities Accepting Lower Grades for Direct Entry (DE) Candidates
- How to Choose Institutions in UTME and DE: A Must Read for All Admission Seekers