ADMISSION INTO POSTGRADUATE, UNDERGRADUATE AND SUB-DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2020/2021 SANDWICH CONTACT SESSION
This is to inform the general public and interested applicants that the UNILORIN sandwich portal has been opened for the 2020/2021 contact session application. To apply for the form, kindly read through the details of available programmes, method of application and payment below.
UNILORIN Sandwich Courses/Programmes
- B.A. (Ed.) Arabic
- B.A. (Ed.) Christian Studies
- B.A. (Ed.) English
- B.A. (Ed.) French
- B.A. (Ed.) History
- B.A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies
- B.A. (Ed.) Social Studies
- B.A. (Ed.) Yoruba
- B.Ed. Adult Education
- B.Ed. Counsellor Education
- B.Ed. Educational Management
- B.Ed. Educational Technology
- B.Ed. Primary Education Studies
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Geography
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Health Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Human Kinetics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Social Studies
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Technology Education
- Diploma in Arabic Education
- Diploma in Creative Arts
- Diploma in Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Diploma in Instructional Radio and Television Production
- Diploma in Photography
- M.Ed. Arabic Education
- M.Ed. Biology
- M.Ed. Chemistry
- M.Ed. Curriculum Development (in Sciences)
- M.Ed. Curriculum Development in Arts Education
- M.Ed. Curriculum Development in Social Sciences
- M.Ed. Educational Management
- M.Ed. Educational Psychology
- M.Ed. Educational Research, Measurement and Evalua
- M.Ed. Educational Technology
- M.Ed. English Language Education
- M.Ed. Guidance and Counselling
- M.Ed. Health Education
- M.Ed. History and Policy of Education
- M.Ed. Human Kinetics Education
- M.Ed. Mathematics
- M.Ed. Mother-Tongue Education
- M.Ed. Philosophy of Education
- M.Ed. Physics
- M.Ed. Religious Studies Education (CRS)
- M.Ed. Social Studies Education
- M.Ed. Sociology of Education
- M.Ed.Religious Studies Education (IRS)
- Postgraduate Diploma In Education (PGDE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
UNILORIN Sandwich Programme Admission Requirements
AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES AND COURSES IN THE INSTITUTE
Bachelor Degree Programmes
- B. A. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in: Arabic, Christian Studies, English, French, History, Islamic Studies, Social Studies and Yoruba.
- B. Sc. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in: Agriculture, Biology, Business Education, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Educational Technology, Geography, Health Education, Human Kinetics, Mathematics, Physics, Social Studies and Technology Education.
- B. Ed. Degree Programmes in: Adult Education, Counsellor Education, Educational Management and Primary Education Studies
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
Master of Education Degree Programmes:
Educational Guidance and Counselling, Educational Management, Educational Psychology, Sociology of Education, Social Studies, Curriculum Studies in Social Sciences Education, Religious Studies Education, English Language Education, Mother-Tongue Education, Curriculum Studies in Arts Education, Science Education (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics & Physics), Curriculum Studies in Educational Technology (with options in Assistive Technology, Distance Education, E-Learning and Instructional Technology), Physical Education (with options in Administration and Management of Sports, Human Kinetics Education, Exercise & Sports Sciences, Recreation, Leisure and Tourism), Health Education/Public Health Education (with options in Nutrition Education, Drug Education, Family Life and Reproductive Health, Community Health & Primary Health Care, School Health Education)
Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
Arabic Education, Human Kinetics and Health Education, Photography, Instructional Radio and Television Production, and Creative Arts.
For B. A. (Ed.), B.Sc. (Ed.) and B. Ed. Degree Programmes:
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with Credit in One or Two other relevant teaching subjects;
- “A” Level Passes in GCE/IJMB/NABTEB/JUPEB or its equivalent;
- ND/OND are also accepted for selected courses: Arabic, Christian Studies, History, Human Kinetics, Health Education, Islamic Studies, Computer Science Education, Educational Technology and Technology Education. In addition, an applicant must possess at least five “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and threeother relevant subjects (see adverts on the Unilorin Website for details).
For the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Programmes:
- A Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University with a minimum of Third Class Honours degree is required. Higher National Diploma with at least an Upper Credit obtained from a recognised Polytechnics or allied Institutions.
For Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET):
- A Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed.; B. A. (Ed.); B.Sc. (Ed.); B. Tech (Ed.) with a minimum of Third Class Honours from the University of Ilorin or an equivalent Degree recognised by the Senate of the University of Ilorin.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.; B.Sc.; B. Tech) with a minimum of Third Class Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) recognised by the Senate of the University.
For M.Ed. Degree Programmes:
- A good First Degree in Education with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- A good First Degree in other disciplines with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit Level from a recognised University.
- Third Class Honour degree in Education with a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a Minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programmeonly.
- Third Class Honour degree in other disciplines (B.A., B.Sc., B. Tech., etc plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit level from a recognised University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programmeonly.
For Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
- Human Kinetics and Health Education: At least 5 O’ Level Credit passes at SSCE/GCE/TCII/NABTEB or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings.
- Arabic Education:
- WASC/GCE/TCII/Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC); Senior Secondary School Certificate with Credit/Merit in at least foursubjects; one of which must be Arabic.
- Diploma in the teaching of Arabic or Islamic Studies of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Photography, Instructional Radio & Television Production and Creative Arts.
Candidates willing to proceed to the degree programmes must possess the pre-requisite five “O” Level passes at Credit level for relevant programmes.
NB:Please note that at least Credit passes in Mathematics and English at “O” Level are required to qualify for admission into Sub-degree, Degree and Master Degree programmes.
UNILORIN Sandwich Method of Application and Payment
For detailed of admission requirements, interested applicants should visit the UNILORIN website and click on the Institute of Education portal for the online application. or click https://ioe.unilorin.edu.ng/
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR ALL PROGRAMMES (MASTERS, UNDERGRADUATE, POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA, AND SUB-DEGREE DIPLOMA)
- Postgraduate = N25,000.00
- Undergraduate and Diploma = N10,000.00
UNILORIN Sandwich Programme Application Method/Steps
- On the home page of the University of Ilorin website, click on 2020 IOE Application Instruction
- All candidates are advised to click on Pre-Admission Screening Instructions and carefully read the Registration Instructions:
- On Admission Menu displayed on the left-hand side, click IOE Application Instruction and read carefully.
- Thereafter click on the Application Form Menu on the left-hand side of the IOE Home Page. Type in your Surname, First name and Other names (if any). Also type in your Phone number, e-mail address (active and correct e-mail), and then pick a Programme of your choice from the Drop Down. Then click submit to start your application process.
- Click on Continue Button
- Then Click to Make Payment of N10,150 including the online charges and excluding the Remita charges.
- Select Payment Type. NOTE: Write down the RRR and TransactionID/OrderID generated
- Click Submit button
- At the Remita Interface confirm the details presented for you.
- Under “HOW DO YOU WANT TO PAY?” Click the box, select one of the options. In this case, it is either MASTERCARD or VISA.
- Input CARDHOLDER NAME, CARD NUMBER, EXPIRY DATE, CVV at the back of your ATM card
- Click Submit button
- (Do not Refresh your browser while the process is going on to avoid multiple deductions from your account. If nothing is displayed after 10 minutes, close the browser and restart again).
- After Login, click on Continue Registration Link on the main menu.
- Fill in your other bio-data and necessary details truthfully on the webpage. All candidates should upload their Passports by clicking on Browse button and select your picture. Your Passport must not be more than 20KB.
- On completion of bio-data. click on Next Step button then click OK on the message dialog box.
- All candidates should complete the programme of choice and click on Save then click OK on the message dialog box.
- On completion of the choice of programme click Next Step button.
- Candidates are required to select their Higher Academic Qualification(s) from the drop-down and click on Save. On the dialog box click OK;
- To add more Higher Academic Qualifications click on qualifications drop-down to select your additional qualifications click on save; and Click on Next Step.
- All candidates are required to supply their O/L details as follows:
- Pick Number of sitting(s) by clicking on the drop-down button
- Enter all the required O/L details; and
- Click on Submit button then click OK on the message dialog box.
- All candidates are required to upload their claimed certificates. Note: The size of the file to upload should not be more than 100KB
- Click the Preview Tab. This displays all your details as you have entered it.
- Click Submit Tab then Submit Button to complete the online application process.
To start your application, click to proceed to the registration portal
Best Related Posts
- OTI-UNIPORT Postgraduate Form is Out: Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- UNILORIN Sandwich Programme Form is Out: Courses, Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- FUNAAB Postgraduate Form (Msc, PGD, Ph.D) Out: Courses, Requirements, Price and Closing Date
- UNILORIN Business School Form is Out: Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- EKSU Postgraduate Programme Form is Out: Courses, Requirements, Price and Closing Date