This is the answer to your question: Is JAMB change of institutions on or has it started/opened? Some candidates who seem to know that the form is on are asking to know the closing date.
If for one reason or the other you think you must change institutions, you may want to know if the form has opened or the closing date so you can know to what extent you need to wait before you effect the changes.
Important Warnings On Change of Institutions
JAMB change of institutions form is now OUT on sales. You can immediately proceed to your JAMB profile and effect change of institutions. See how to do it yourself.
- JAMB Change of institutions goes with the change of courses and other data. This means, while changing the institutions, you can change courses, dates of birth, gender, state/local government too. This will be counted as one change. But if you change them separately, it will be counted as two.
- Meanwhile, you’re NO MORE limited to one change this year 2020. In other words, if you do change once, you could keep changing from one institution or course to the other if you can afford to pay for it UP TO THREE TIMES. I explained this in detail in my post, “How to Do Change Institutions/Courses the Third or More Times“.
- Change of name, date of birth can only be done at a CBT centre though. Cafes can only change institutions. courses, State, Local government, and Gender ONLY IF THEY CONNECT WITH AN ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES – which is unofficial.
- JAMB change of institutions will never close until the admission year ends. Having said that, the change of institutions to a particular school may close as soon as that school starts selling her post UTME form or her form closes. I will explain this point further below.
Why You Don’t Have to Rush to Change
Most candidates rush to effect change institutions/courses as they see their JAMB results released. This is not recommended. Why?
- In the 2020 admission year, JAMB has allowed change of institution and courses more than TWO times. Hence, if you mistake in the first time change, you will be able to effect any change again up to three times.
- Another reason to avoid rushing to do the change of institution is because of opened admissions opportunities that may come your way before the admission year ends. If you’ve done the ONE change before, you CAN take advantage of such openings.
When Will the Change of Institutions and Courses Close?
However, some schools will instruct JAMB to stop the change of institutions to them immediately they start selling their post UTME forms or a few days to the closing date. This set of schools usually uploads the list of candidates that chose or changed to them to their school admission portals before candidates can register on the portal. Hence, they will stop accepting new changes to avoid late uploading or some delays in the uploading.
Some of these schools include Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), University of Benin (UNIBEN), University of Lagos (UNILAG), University of Ibadan (UI), University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Lagos State University (LASU), Federal University Oye Ekiti, etc.
However, schools like Osun State University (UNIOSUN), Federal Polytechnic Ede, Federal Polytechnic Offa, Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH), etc will continually allow JAMB to accept change of institutions to them even when their post UTME forms are already on sales.
I detailed this in my post, “Can I Still Change Institutions/Courses With PUTME Form On Sales“.
How To Approach Change of Institutions and Courses
Since we all know it has opened or is on sales already, we’re sure too, that, it will not close across the year. Only that once a school form is closed, her change of institution close too. Then, we need the patience to know how the admission exercise will go for the year before we do any changes.
Follow the suggestions below on your change the institutions before the closing date and at the right time.
- Check your JAMB results. In fact, recheck some weeks later. (We have got occasions where JAMB increased or reduced marks in the past).
- Now, wait for your schools to announce their post UTME cut-off marks. Some schools have static (fixed) cut-off marks no matter what. For them, you may not wait for a different announcement again. UI, UNLAG, UNIBEN, OAU, and a few others will not accept less than 200. However, some schools are so dynamic that they can change forth and back. Some consider lower marks for certain courses and higher for some e.g, UNIOSUN, FUNAAB, etc. For these universities, you should wait for them to announce their required marks. Then, you can see where to change if you have to change at all.
- Without wasting money, you can take advantage of open admission chances. If your original institution doesn’t give you admission, use one or two chances left for that.
Best Related Posts
- How Long Does It Take JAMB Change of Institution/Course to Reflect?
- Universities/Polytechnics Accepting Lower Marks and Reasons to Do JAMB Change of Institutions
- 4 Stages That Follow Writing JAMB UTME and Results (Must-Read for UTME Candidates)
- How to Upgrade/Edit/Increase JAMB UTME Score/Mark
- Will My Second/Third Choice School Give Me Admission? See Answer