In my min JAMB brochure for Law, I gave you vivid details of requirements for any law aspirant be it UTME or DE candidates.
The post was brief and general about the O’level/SSCE subjects required for Law. Here is the continuation of that post giving, specifically, what each of the universities may require as SSCE/O’level subjects apart from or instead of the general one as stated in the JAMB brochure.
Before we check each of the universities one by one, as an admission seeker for Law, if you have the following subjects in your O’level, you good to go.
- Five (5)’O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Literature in English, and Mathematics.
- Five (5)’O’ Level credit passes in Arts or Social Sciences to include English Language and Islamic Studies or Arabic.
While the first set of subjects are accepted widely, candidates seeking admissions into, Common, Islamic/Sharia Law may be fine with the second.
And if you will write or have written the following subjects in UTME, you’re good to go as well.
- Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects for Law and Common Law
- Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects including Arabic or Islamic Studies for Islamic and Sharia Law
- Literature in English and any two (2) other Arts/or Social Science subjects For Law generally
Specific O’level/SSCE Subjects Required for Law Admissions
Setting their own terms, below are the universities offering Law with certain terms for SSCE subjects
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State (AAU) and Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State (NAU) require ‘O’ Level credit pass in one (1) science subject and one (1) commercial subject and at least ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State (ABUAD) accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Literature in English, Mathematics, and any two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects at one sitting.
- Bowen University Iwo (BOWEN) requires five (5)’O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Literature in English, and three (3) other Arts subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State (BSU) accepts any other three (3) Arts/Social Science subjects
- Crescent University Abeokuta, Ogun State (CUAB) requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credits passes in English Language, Literature in English, Government and Economics at not more than two (2) sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics may be eligible for admission.
- Ebonyi State University Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (EBSU) requires any other two (2) Arts or Social Science Subjects.
- Enugu State University of Technology, Enugu State (ESUTECH) requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in Mathematics or Science subject.
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State (UI) requires five (5)’ O’Level credit passes at one sitting or six (6) ‘O’ Level credit passes at two (2) sittings to include English Language, Literature in English, any other subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences.
- University of Ilorin, Kwara State (UNILORIN) requires five (5) ‘O’ level (SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB, etc.) credit passes in Arts /Social Sciences subjects including English language, Arabic or Islamic Studies and Mathematics.
- University of Jos, Jos, Plateau State (UNIJOS) and Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Igbariam, Anambra State (OOU); ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics is not compulsory.
- Kogi State University, Kogi, Kogi State (KSU) requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes or equivalents in English Language, Literature in English and any other three (3) Sciences, Social Sciences or Arts subject
- Bayero University Kano, Kano, Kano State (BUK) requires Islamic Studies/Arabic and Literature-in-English for Common and Islamic Law.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State (ABU) requires Five ‘O’ Level Credit passes which must include the English Language, Arabic Language/Islamic Studies, and any other three Arts or Social Science Subjects.
Specific UTME Subjects Required for Law Admissions
The following universities have been specific with the subject required in their UTME.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State (ABU) requires Use of English, IRK/Arabic, and any other two Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto State (UDUSOK) requires Arabic
- University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri, Borno State (UNIMAID) requires any three from Government, Economics, Geography or Arts subjects including Arabic or Islamic Studies.
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State (UNILORIN) requires any three (3) Arts or Social Sciences subjects which must include Arabic or Islamic Studies.
Best Related Posts
- Are Polytechnics Offering Law, Medicine, Nursing, Microbiology, etc?
- Can I Use NABTEB for Law, Mass Comm, Linguistics, or Any Art Course?
- Universities/Polytechnics Accepting Two Sittings For Admissions
- Will I Be Offered Admission With Awaiting Results: 20+ Facts To Know
- NOUN Graduates, NYSC and Nigerian Law School Issues Resolved