Southwestern University Nigeria is a private University established as a regional block Institution, designed to provide the missing link between Research and Development (R&D) and the Industries.
The philosophy of the university is the total commitment to the training and development of men and women in an enabling environment, through appropriate teaching, research, and service to humanity.
The University, situated at Off Simbiat Abiola Road, 4 Olaide Tomori St, Oshodi-Isolo, Ikeja, Lagos was officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission, Nigeria, Southwestern University, Nigeria (SUN) with a very small (uniRank enrollment range: 1,000-1,999 students) coeducational higher education institution.
About Southwestern University HND Top Up Degree Program
Southwestern University is one of the top Universities in Nigeria that facilitates the conversion of degrees from Higher National Diplomas (HND) to university degree certification. This conversion programme provides a platform on which a University Degree holder who is dissatisfied with his/her class of degree, could “top-up” and come out with a higher degree.
Who Can Apply For Southwestern University HND/BSC Conversion Program
Generally, any HND holder at all would benefit from this programme. However, the upgrade degree is more popular with graduates that fall into the following category:
- Graduates with HND lower credit or pass grade
- Graduates (BSc/HND) who would prefer to do another related or different course.
- University graduates with 3rd class or pass degrees who are not satisfied with their grades.
Southwestern University HND/BSC Conversion Admission Requirements
The minimum entry requirements for admission into the Upgrade Programme at Southwestern University are:
- A Higher National Diploma obtained at an accredited Polytechnic,
- National Youth Service Corps. (Discharged / Exclusion / Exemption Certificate as the case may be),
- A PASS GRADE in a written test to be taken before admission into the Programme.
- Candidates require five (5) credits in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination credits or General Certificate of Education or its equivalent, comprising of English Language and Mathematics and any three recommended subjects.
Available Courses for Southwestern University HND Top Up Degree Program
Courses available for the Upgrade Programme are as follows with a duration of (made up of 4 Semesters) are:
- Computer Science
- Business Administration and Management
- Mass Communication
Method of Application and Payment
- Applicants are to pay a non-refundable fee of N5,500 into Southwestern University account at any branch of GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC A/C: 0108175382. THE NAME OF THE APPLICANT MUST MATCH THE NAME ON THE BANK TELLER
- Proceed to www.southwesternuniversity.edu.ng
- Click on the “APPLY NOW” link
- Follow the instruction carefully to fill the form online. ENSURE THE E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS SUPPLIED ARE VALID, AS FURTHER APPLICATION DETAILS WILL BE SENT TO THE E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS SUPPLIED.
- Bring all original credentials and evidence of payment when coming for the Screening Exercise
- Applicants can also obtain the form on campus after the payment.
- Evidence of payment is to be taken to any of the following addresses to collect the application form:
- Southwestern University, Nigeria, at the main Campus at Kilometer 20, Sagamu-Benin, ExpressWay, Okun Owa, Ogun State.
- Southwestern University, Nigeria Lagos Liaison office at 4 Olaide Tomori Street, Off Simbiat Abiola Way, Ikeja, Lagos State.
Best Related Posts
- Abolishing HND and Bsc Dichotomy: Latest Developments You Must Know
- 6 Ways to Convert HND to Education Course to Become a Teacher/Lecturer
- HEGT University HND/BSC Conversion (Top-Up) Form is Out: Apply!
- LASU HND/BSC (Top-up Degree) Form: Courses, Fee, and Portal
- Federal Poly Ilaro HND/BSC Conversion Form: Courses, Fee, and Portal