I was in the middle of writing this post when an admission seeker called me to ask the same question. He put it this way, “I had done one school’s Post UTME but I failed. Can I do the change of Institution and consider the schools that had not done their post UTMEs?”
I posted something on this in my piece, “Post UTME Form Already Out! Hope Not Too Late to Change My Schools or Courses?” But this covers more and specifically on this very question.
Now that some schools had completed their screenings/post UTMEs and some already releasing admission lists, this is the time to be asking these kinds of questions.
This post will answer the same question in different fashions. Let’s see these:
- I was not given admission by one school, can I do the change of institution to another now, hope it’s not too late?
- I missed post UTME of my school, hope it’s not too later to do the change of institution to another school?
- I failed my post UTME test, can I change to another school, will it work?
Whatever your condition is, the answer to your concern is the same. Read the post to the very end, please.
You’re not on the Admission List
You can do the change of institution to another school if your present choice doesn’t give you admission.
Let’s say you had seen the admission list of your school of choice but your name wasn’t there, what will you do next?
- First, be sure the school has released its entire admission list. This is because, if your name is not on the 1st batch list, you can be lucky in the 2nd, 3rd batch, etc.
- If for any reason, you believe or you’re sure no hope with that school, you can still do the change of institutions to another school whose admission is still opened. That is – they have not done their post UTMEs or if you change to them by now, they still accept that.
Missed Post UTME/Screening
Sometimes, for certain reasons, you may miss your school of choice’s post UTME registration or exam date. Your hope with that is certainly over. Then what next?
- You can consider the change of institution to schools whose forms are still opened. It’s not too late.
- You can also change to those schools whose forms are not yet out. That will be the best bet for you if you’re interested in them.
You Failed Post UTME/Screening
Another scenario is when you fail your school’s post UTME. Well, that is like not being given admission as already explained.
And the good news is, you can change to other schools whose forms are in progress or are not yet on sales.
Schools You can Check Now If their Post UTMEs are still on Sales
- Nigeria Army University Biu: The university has just started selling the online screening form for applicants to obtain by sending their payment receipts to a specific email.
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko: The university, though has released a few lists, is still selling the screening form for the qualified applicants. Be sure you check their university departmental cut-off marks before changing to them. I advise you do the online screening registration first before doing the change of institution on the JAMB portal.
- Federal College of Education, Osiele (affiliated with the University of Ibadan): The university admission form is still on sale until further notice. Kindly check if interested.
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Ogun State: The post UTME screening for NCE applicants is still on till the time of this post. Kindly check if interested.
- Adeyemi College of Education (NCE & Degree): The university/college has reopened a few lists. However, the admission portal has been reopened to allow more interested and qualified applicants to apply.
- EKSU Affiliated to Emmanuel Alayande: After releasing the first admission list, the university is still selling the screening forms for any interested applicants.
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID): The university has released a list already. However, the portal has been reopened for a new set of applicants.
- Ekiti State University (EKSU): The university has released the first admission list. However, the management has reopened the admission portal for more candidates to apply and fill unoccupied spaces. I advise you don’t go for those more competitive courses.
- University of Jos: The university admission screening form is still on sale until further notice.
- Federal University of Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) (closing Sunday night): The university has just opened the admission screening portal for the following courses: Anatomy, Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing, Physiology, Radiology, and Radiation Science, Architecture, Building, Estate Management, Quantity Surveying, Surveying and Geoinformatics, Urban and Regional Planning
- Maitama Sule University, Kano: The university’s admission form is still on sale until further notice.
- Plateau State Polytechnic: The Polytechnic form is still online to date.
- Osun State State College of Technology Esa-Oke: The screening form for the polytechnic aspirants is still on sale until further notice.
- Wesley University Ondo: Admission form into the university is still on sale till further notice.
- Federal Polytechnic Offa (DEGREE) Affiliated with the Federal University of Technology Minna, Niger State: This program is the same as the one on the FUTMINNA’s main campus. No difference! And it’s the university that gives you a certificate after completion of your course and mobilizes you for NYSC.
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo: The College of Education admssion form is still on sale until further notice.
- Federal Polytechnic Bida (DEGREE) Affiliated with Federal University of Technology, Minna Niger State: You don’t need to choose the university degree in UTME. Just obtain their form on the polytechnic’s portal. And leave the rest to the management to handle for you.
- Edo State Polytechnic: The Polytechnic screening forms remain open till 9th March 2021.
- Osun State Polytechnic Iree: The application form is still in progress till further notice
- Atiba University, Oyo State: form sill on sales for all interested applicants. The University is a private University in Oyo Town, Oyo State.
- Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology: Form still on sales for UTME candidates who scored 120 and above whether they chose the college in UTME or not. The form is equally opened to candidates who did not write UTME but have 5 credit passes in SSCE with the right subjects.
- Federal College of Education Oyo Special (SPED): The Screening Exercise for 2020/2021 Admission into the Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo is still on sales.
- The University of Ibadan Affiliated to Oyo Special: Form still on sales applicants who chose or who didn’t. You must as well score 200 and above in UTME.
- EKSU Ila Campus: Ekiti State University Affiliated with Osun State College of Education Ila-Orangun degree programme (Full-Time) is also on sales. No official closing date announced yet. Note that, the university only runs education courses on this campus.
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun: The college’s online screening form is still on until further notice. Candidates can obtain the form online FREE after they must have considered or changed to the college as a first-choice institution.
- Check also 19+ Schools that Accept 100 and Above for Post UTME/Admission. Most of these schools still have their forms opened.
- Federal University Birni Kebbi: The university is still selling the post UTMe forms to date.
- Federal University Lokoja: The university has left the application open until further notice.
- Federal Co-operative College, Ibadan: The Polytechnic admission form is still on sale until further notice.
- The University of Uyo: The university admission form is still on sale until further notice.
- Edo State University: The university screening form still on sale until further notice. Available Programmes are: Dental Surgery, Nursing Science (Clinical Sciences), Physiotherapy, Radiography, And Radiation Science (Basic Clinical Sciences), Industrial Technology Education (Education), Geophysics/Geology (Science – Faculty), Medical Laboratory Science, Human Nutrition And Dietetics (Basic Medical Science – Faculty)
- Federal Polytechnic Ile-Oluji: The polytechnic is still selling the 2nd batch admission screening form for prospective candidates to date.
- Please note that most schools still leave their applications on because of the delay in the release of NECO results. Hence, I advise you to check each school’s admission portal for updates
- Most of these schools have a longer period before the end of their registration. You can consider any of them but be sure you check their closing dates first. Things might have changed within days of this publication.
- Due to COVID-19, delay in the release of O’level results, the state of protest, and securities, very many institutions will continue to extend the closing dates for the Post UTME/screening forms.
See: Can JAMB Give Admission from Two or More Schools to a Candidate Through CAPS?
It’s possible to think that the new school will know you have just changed to them. That’s true. But you have no issues with that and schools don’t mind new students changing to them too.
You just have to be sure that, such a school is still opened plus their closing date is not too close. This is because it’ll take JAMB some days before forwarding your details to the new school and for the school ICT to upload it to their portal.
This is the very reason JAMB is no more closing the change of institutions/courses exercise. Students can continually change their choices as long as admission is still opened. But note that you can ONLY CHANGE INSTITUTIONS/COURSES TWICE, except you have special conditions detailed here.