To get to the picture, let see how your admission should look like. To be a bonafide admitted student of any institution, both JAMB and the school should offer him or her that space simultaneously.
Hence, it should be like this
- Your school prepares the list of candidates they want to offer admission
- They should send that to JAMB
- JAMB then verifies the list to see if those candidates merit the admission
- Then, they upload that to CAPS for applicants to accept.
- Candidates can now print the JAMB admission letter
Yes, that’s the picture of admission now in Nigeria.
Then what happens if a candidate sees his or her admission as “ADMITTED” on the school portal but JAMB CAPS still shows “NOT ADMITTED”?
Your School is Quicker than JAMB to Upload
Yes. That’s exactly what happens. Some schools don’t wait for JAMB to load CAPS, they just proceed to load that to their portal admission status page. This is why you see your admission status on the school website but yet to appear on the JAMB.
Hence, there’s no need to worry. Just keep checking CAPS to see when the message changes to “Accept or Reject Admission”
As you’re expecting, accept the admission so you can print your JAMB admission letter.
Should you have a situation like this, don’t panic. Wait until it reflects on the JAMB portal too. Simple!
If you find this piece helpful, kindly share it with others using the share icons below. It means a lot to me too.
Best Related Posts
- NO ADMISSION YET, Why O’level Result is the Reason for Delay
- What Candidates Should Do After JAMB Gives Admission on CAPS
- What Happens if CAPS shows “Not Admitted”? Is All Hope Lost?
- What to Do if Another/a Strange School Gives You Admission on JAMB CAPS
- What to Do If Your JAMB CAPS Does Not Show your Details