JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION BOARD GUIDELINES ON PROBLEMS OF DELETION AND NON ACCEPTANCE OF ADMISSION ON CAPS THREE (3) IDENTIFIED SCENARIOS
As part of the yearly admission process, candidates are to continually be checking their JAMB CAPS status and when offered admission thereon, accept or reject the offer. Now, what happens if you should reject the admission? Below is the official update on how JAMB and schools will handle things.
The three scenarios identified are:
- Where a candidate is offered admission into a programme and he/she does not want the programme/Institution during year’s admission exercise.
- Where a candidate is offered admission and after acceptance, he/she or the institution is desirous of changing the programme offered and accepted while the year’s admission is still in progress.
- Where a candidate is offered admission and he/she neither accept nor reject the offer and the institution is desirous of substituting the candidate.
Agreed Solution (Process) to Address the Three (3) Scenarios
1. Where a candidate is offered admission into a programme and he/she does not want to accept the programme/institution during the year’s admission exercise, he/she does the following:
- The candidate would only need to reject the offer of admission and the candidate would be available to the institution or any other institution in addition to the market place for reconsideration (recommendation) through CAPS. This is an established procedure.
- The quota utilizes for such candidates would also be released and made available to the institution automatically.
2. Where a candidate is offered admission and after acceptance, he/she or the institution is desirous of changing the programme offered and accepted while the year’s admission is still in progress, the following is applicable:
- The candidate will complete and process the Substitution of Programme Form which is available on eFacility for download. The Form would read in part “I have accepted earlier to read…………….. and now agree that my programme should be changed to …………..……”. Registration number, Name of the candidate, Name of the institution and any other vital information should also be reflected.
- The Head of the institution MUST sign the form which would be transmitted to Coordinator of the JAMB State Office for upload for Registrar’s approval
- Once the Registrar gives approval, the candidate’s status is automatically updated and he/she would be informed through mail.
- Through synchronization, CAPS is notified.
3. Where a candidate is offered admission and he/she neither accepts nor rejects the offer and the institution is desirous of substituting the candidate, the following applies:
- The institution would forward the list of the candidates to the Board through CAPS in the following format
Date of Offer (i.e. date of approval by Desk Officer)
Reason (if any) for non-response
Remark (to include I want to replace, I want to …e.t.c)
- The list must be signed by the Head of the institution for Registrar’s approval.
- Once approved by the Registrar, the candidates would be deleted automatically and the utilised quota is made available again to the institution.
In case a candidate does not accept or reject admission on CAPS before JAMB’s closure of CAPS for the year, the candidate would not be regarded as admitted and would not be on matriculation list for the year. He is not expected to be registered by any institution without JAMB’s admission letter which cannot be printed without acceptance of admission.
You can help others with this guideline by JAMB. I post this to help, kindly help others too by sharing with them on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and more. I leave share icons below this post for your convenience.
Best Related Posts
- Closing Date for Admission, How to Check JAMB Admission Status and Print Letter
- JAMB Result, Original JAMB Result and Admission Letters: What Admission seekers should know
- Can I Obtain Change of Institution Now? Schools you Can Change to at Present.
- JAMB Supports: How to Contact JAMB for Helps If You Have Issues
- How to Do Change of Institutions/Courses If you Already Changed Twice