In case you don’t know, this course is a three-in-one. According to Study International, the umbrella of Creative Arts and Design covers several courses including photography, videography, performing arts, film, visual arts, fashion design, interior design, multimedia design, and more.
Therefore, if you’re here as an Art or commercial student, it may be the right course for you if you have the requirements for it as detailed in the official JAMB brochure – which I cover here for you.
NOTE: Some polytechnics call this Arts and Industrial Designs
Below is the list of the polytechnics where you can study Arts and Designs and their entry requirements.
- Auchi Polytechnic (AG-POLY)
- Benue State Polytechnic (BEN-POLY)
- Federal Polytechnic Ilaro (FEDPO-ILA)
- Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (FEDPO-NAS)
- Federal Polytechnic Nekede (FEDPO-NEK)
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko (FEDPO-OKO)
- The Polytechnic Ibadan (IBD-POLY)
- Institute of Management and Technology (IMT-ENU)
- Kano State Polytechnic (KAN-POLY)
- Kogi State Polytechnic (KOGI-POLY)
- Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH)
- Ogun State Polytechnic (OGUN-POLY) Formerly Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
- Ogwashi-Ukwu Polytechnic (OGWASHIUKU)
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY) Iree
- Osun State College of Technology (OSUNTECH), Esa-Oke
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic (RUGIPO)
- Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH), Lagos
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa (TIPE)
General SSCE Subject Requirements (Combination)
Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Fine Art Mathematics and any two (2) of the following: History/Government, Chemistry/Physical Science, Biology/Agricultural Science, Literature in English, Clothing and Textiles, Religious Knowledge, Economics/Commerce, Geography, Home Economics.
As indicated, above is the list of generally required conditions for Arts and Designs admission. However, some schools may accept other subjects instead of the general ones. Below are those polytechnics and their conditions.
- IBD-POLY requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in any Nigerian Language and accepts Commerce, Economics. Also accepts ‘O’ Level passes in Mathematics/English Language.
- IMT-ENU offers it as Fine Art.
- KOGI-POLY offers it as Arts and Industrial Design.
- LASPOTEC requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in Art and English Language.
- FEDPO-NEK requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any three (3) from History/Government, Literature in English, Clothing and Textiles, Chemistry/Physics, Economics/Commerce, Technical Drawing, Fine Arts.
- RUGIPO requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Fine Art/Visual Art/Technical Drawing and any three (3) of History, Chemistry/Physics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Literature in English, Mathematics, Religious Studies, Clothing & Textile, Economics, Geography, Commerce and Government.
- OGUN-POLY accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings or four (4) ‘o’ level credit passes at one (1) sitting ‘O’ Level pass in English Language.
- AUCHI POLY requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, and any other three subjects at a sitting. Six (6) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at two (2) sittings as course requirements.
- OSUNPOLY in addition to the course requirement accepts Dyeing and Bleaching, Civic Education/Government/History/Marketing/Commerce, Animal Husbandry/Fisheries, General Metal Works, General Wood Work, Painting and Decoration, Craft Practice, Data Processing/ Computer Studies/ICT, Photography, Clothing and Textiles.
- FEDPO-ILA requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any three (3) of the following: General Art, Dyeing & Bleaching, Clothing and Textiles, Ceramics, Sculpture, Graphics Design, Textiles, Painting and Decoration, Printing Craft Practice, Picture Making, Photography, Visual Art, Leatherwork, Jewellery, Technical Drawing, Garment Making, History/Government, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ General Agricultural, Literature in English, CRS/IS, Economics/Commerce, Geography, Home Economics, Civic Education, Computer Science, Drawing & Design, Salesmanship, Draughtsman ship, Leather Goods Manufacturer, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design/Textiles Painting, Computer Craft Practice.
- YABATECH requires five (5) O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Fine Art/Visual Art/Technical Drawing/Welding & Fabrication/Metal Work/Wood Work/General Metal Work/Painting & Decoration/Bleaching/Tie & Dye/Graphics and any two (2) of the following: Chemistry, Physics, History/Government, Biology/Agricultural Science, Literature in English, Economics/Commerce, CRK/IRK Geography and Photography/Tourism.
General UTME Subject Requirements (Combination)
Fine Art and any two (2) of History, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and a Nigerian Language.
However, a few polytechnics may accept other combinations for JAMB subjects as detailed below.
- FEDPO-NEK does not insist on Fine Arts as a UTME subject and also as a UTME requirement.
- FEDPO-NAS accepts Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry. It does not accept Fine Arts.
- AUCHI POLY accepts any three (3) subjects.
- IBD-POLY requires any three (3) subjects from course requirements.
- OSUNPOLY accepts any three (3) subjects.
- LASPOTECH requires any three (3) of Fine Art, History/Government, Biology/Agricultural Science, Economics/Commerce/Geography, and any Nigerian Language.
- FEDPO-ILA accepts any three subjects from ‘O’ Level course requirements
Best Related Posts
- Can I Use NABTEB for Law, Mass Comm, Linguistics, or Any Art Course?
- Are Polytechnics Offering Law, Medicine, Nursing, Microbiology, etc?
- List of Commercial Courses in Polytechnics: New Admission Guide
- Is Criminology an Art or a Social Science Course?
- Can I Study Medicine, Nursing, Law, etc at the College of Education?