You’re on the right page if you want to know the last of Nigeria polytechnics and college of health where you can study Environmental Health Technology. There more areas to be covered in this post.
You will learn:
- what is the study of Environmental Health Technology is all about
- what you can become after completing your study as an Environmental Health Technician
- list of schools offer the course
- admission requirements for Environmental Health Technology
Let’s start with the list of institutions where you can seek admission for Environmental Health Technology.
List of Institutions offering Environmental Health Technology in Nigeria
- Aminu Dabo College of Health Sciences, Kofar Mata, Kano (AMINU-DABO)
- Anambra State College of Health Technology, Obosi (ANSCOHTECH)
- Osun State College of Health Technology, Ilesa, Osun State (CHT-ILESA)
- Bauchi State College of Health Technology, Ningi (CHT-NINGI)
- College of Health Sciences and Technology (CHST) Ijero-Ekiti (CHST-IJERO)
- Delta State College of Health Technology, Ofuoma Ughelli (COHTECH-OFU)
- College of Health Technology, Efut Ekondo, Calabar (COTECH-CAL)
- Lagos State College of Health Technology (COTECH-LG)
- College of Health Technology, Zawan, Plateau State (COTECH-ZAW)
- Emirates College of Health Science and Technology Kano (EMIRATES)
- Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology, Ibadan Oyo State (FEDANIM-VOM)
- Gombe State College Of Health Sciences And Technology, Kaltungo (GCHSTECH)
- Imo State College Of Nursing And Health Sciences, Amaigbo (IMOCOL-NHS)
- Kano State College of Health Science and Technology, Kano, Kano State (KANCOHTECH)
- Kwara State College of Health Technology, Offa, Kwara State (KWACOHTECH)
- Millennium College of Health Technology (MCHT) Akure, Ondo State (MLN-COTECH)
- NewGate College of Health Technology Minna, Niger State (NGCHTECH)
- NKST College Of Health Technology Mkar, Benue State (NKST-COTECH)
- Nigerian Navy School of Health Science, Offa, Kwara State (NNS-OFFA)
- Ondo State School of Health Technology, Akure, Ondo State (ODSOHTECH)
- Ogun State College of Health Technology, Abeokuta (OGCOHTECH)
- POGIL College of Health Technology Oke-Eri, Ijebu Ode, Ogun State (POGIL)
- River State College of Health Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State (RIVCOST)
- Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology, Makarfi, (formerly Kaduna State School of Health Technology), Kaduna, Kaduna State (SHEHU-IDRIS)
- School of Health Information Management University of Benin Teaching Hospital (SHIM-UBTH), Benin City, Edo State
NOTE: These are the 27 schools at the time of this post. It’s expected the number may increase in the future. You can subscribe to get email updates on this and many more.
SSCE (O’level Results) and JAMB UTME Admission Requirements for Environmental Health Technology
Generally, you need at least five (5) credit passes in Mathematics, Biology/Health Science and any three (3) from the following: Nutrition, Chemistry, Physics, Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Nigerian Language Plus at least a pass in English Language, Food and Nutrition/Home Management in not more than two sittings.
- SHEHU IDRIS requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry, one (1) of Food and Nutrition, Geography, Economics, Physics, Agricultural Science, Commerce, and Technical Drawing.
- RIVCOST requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as course requirements.
Candidates are to write English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- SHIM-UBTH – Mathematics is not Compulsory (may accept Biology in place of Mathematics)
- RIVCOST requires Chemistry, Biology, and Physics/Mathematics as UTME subjects.
What is Environmental Health Technology About?
An environmental health technician is someone who works in the public sector to identify and correct various environmental health issues. They examine the environment and its impact on the population, determine what issues may exist within it, and then work to find a way to combat those problems. Common job duties of an environmental health technician include the following things:
- Collecting samples from the environment. These include soil, water, and waste samples.
- Documenting those samples and examining them for contaminants or other health issues
- Ensuring all regulatory codes are adhered to during construction or any activity in the environment.
- Investigation of complaints about different environmental infractions.
- Maintaining all records related to different environmental issues.
- Meeting with various policymakers or public officials and consulting about different issues within the environment
- Ensuring that all local and state codes are adhered to properly
Best Related Posts
- Top Schools/Colleges of Health and Technology in Nigeria
- School of Nursing, Health Tech, and Hygiene: Answers to Students’ Questions on Admissions
- Do Colleges of Health Technology Require Cut-Off Marks?
- Will I Go for NYSC After College of Health Technology?
- Less Competitive University Courses With Better Employment Prospects