I’m used to this school and its applications. In time, I’ve faced a series of issues with the portal and solved lots of them. I present to you these problems and how I solved them. I hope you can find it useful for your own concerns too.
1. Problems with Payments
You have paid for the form using your ATM card. The bank account was debited but the form was not given value. By not given value I mean, the portal still shows that you should make another payment as if you’ve not paid.
This is one of the major issues that applicants for Ibadan Polytechnic admission forms will face from time to time.
And there are solutions to this. Or I should just say, there are ways around it.
|Click on the payment history to reveal your payment status|
Solutions Online Payment Issues
- First, check for “Payment History” on the left side of your page.
- Click this to display your payment status. You may likely find this status as “Error”
- Locate “Requery” in front of the word “Error” and click on it.
- This may just solve the problem immediately. If Requery solves the problem, you will receive a “Successful Payment” Notice.
Solution # 2
- Log out of the application form and wait a couple of hours.
- You may need to wait for about 24 hours for this issue may be as a result of a wrong debit from the bank. And if this is the case, your account should be credited for this value within this period.
- If not, try to visit the bank and complain. The bank would let you know if the school already had the money or the error was truly from them.
- If the bank let you know that the school already had the money, log in again to see if your payment has been confirmed successfully.
- If not, call the portal helpline (+2348123995441, +2348034988053, +2348064741544) for help.
- This helpline attendant may ask you to send or supply him or her your transaction reference number. It’s right on your Payment History.
- This person may help you resolve this issue.
- If done, you should now see Success Payment Notice on your portal.
- Also, note that this helpline number may change kindly change for the current one on your dashboard.
Solution # 3
If the two above don’t work,
- Kindly print your bank payment Debit alert message (usually in your email) or SMS
- Also, print the page under your payment history
- Take these two items to the school’s ICT for complaint.
- They will resolve it and ask you to continue with your registration.
- If all the above prove abortive, you may need to contact Interswitch. They have helped me contact the school before and forced them to give me value for payments.
- If you don’t know, Interswitch is the maker of your ATM card. They know where your money is. They can tell if the money is at the bank or the school.
- They can equally command the bank to reverse your payment or the school to give you value. In fact, they have so much power if you know how to present your issue.
Follow this guide to contact Interswitch
- Use your email to send a Complaint Message to them. Title your message as “Payment Made Online But Value Not Given”
- In the address section, fill in [email protected]
- The briefly explain the payment you made, amount and the school you paid to.
- The give them the following information
- The Transaction Ref No/Narrative. e.g 227229d8-0000-4f62-b488-a9d8d616512d
- Date and Time of Payment: You can see that in your Bank Alert SMS
- Card No: Only the first 6 digits and last 4 digits is the acceptable standard. e.g 560102******3211. Don’t fill all your card number
Expect a response from them within the next 24 hours.
When they get back, they may send you the screenshot of your payment. A copy of this, they will send to the school too and instruct them to give you value.
|This is the payment screening for correction of ND Full Tine Form|
2. Errors Made while Filling the Form
Another usual issue you may face is mistakes while filling your form online.
Well, the school has made provision for this.
In order to correct your information or details supplied, you will need to make payment of N1500 (for Post UTME, ND Full Time and Part-Time) or N5000 (for HND applicants)
After the payment, your form will be made opened and editable again. You can then refill and correct the mistake before submitting it again.
3. No Exams Date on My Registration Slip
After completing your Post UTME or HND form, you should be expecting to see the date of your exam. Shouldn’t you?
Ok. Here is the thing.
Poly Ibadan is no longer conducting post-UTME CBT exams for their ND Full time or part-time applicants. They are only using your UTME score plus O’level result grade to give you admission. This is called screening instead of post UTME.
Also, the school will not ask you to come for a physical screening on the campus.
You should just keep your phone on. They will be sending SMS to your phone from time to time in order to let you know the next course of activities.
You may soon receive SMS instructing those who chose them as the second choice to change back to the first choice if they still need the admission from them. Another SMS may inform you to check your admission status on the school portal and JAMB CAPS. Another SMS may inform those who are not lucky in the full-time admission list to consider Daily Part-time form.
In the case of HND applicants, the school will send you SMS, email or portal notice to invite you for the CBT test. You will need to print a schedule slip before going for the test.