|Nigerian Police Academy Official Logo|
NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY (POLAC) ADMISSION PROCEDURES, FORM PRICE, CLOSING DATE, AND EXAMS SCHEDULE
This is to inform the general public that the sale of online application forms for admission into the 8th Regular Course of the degree programme of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, will commence on Monday 13th April 2020 and end on Monday 5th July 2020. Admission into the Academy is open to both male and female Nigerians of good character.
Procedures for Applying to Nigeria Police Academy (POLAC)
- Interested Applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website in order to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code.
- The RRR code obtained can be used to make payment of N3,500.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria.
- Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board [JAMB] as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Candidates must have chose the Police Academy as his or first choice institution or ready to change immediately to the university as the first choice. However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores of 180 and purchased the Academy online Application Form will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
Submission of the Form
- Applications are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download the Acknowledgement Form.
- Only candidates who meet the cut-off mark will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
List of POLAC Courses
Courses leading to Bachelor’s degrees in the following disciplines are available in the Academy:
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
- History & International Studies
FACULTY OF LAW: LLB
FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Forensic Science
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
- Management Sciences
- Political Science
POLAC Admission Requirements
The following are the admission requirements:
- Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86cm (34 Inches for those between 21 and 22 years of age). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings. All Candidates must also have a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
- SSCE statement of results or certificates relating to examinations taken before 2016 will not be accepted.
POLAC Selection Examination (Post UTME) Date, Conditions And Requirements
- The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination, may be Computer Based Test (CBT) or Pencil and Paper.
- The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics. Other sections are to be selected according to the candidate’s Faculty of choice.
- It will be conducted on Saturday the 8th of August, 2020. Only candidates who meet the Academy’s cut-off mark of 180 in UTME and above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at the 19 designated Centres. The list of Centres is in the Academy Website.
- Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, current JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5×5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, Examination Centre and signature.
- Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board screening and interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers.
POLAC Academic Nature
Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined Academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP)
Method of Application and Payment
- Visit Police Academy Homepage or Click http://www.polac.edu.ng/
- Click on “New Application Form” to create a user account
- Choose the right admission year and fill all bio-data required. Take note of your password
- Upload your passport photo (150×150 pixels) and submit.
- After this, Log in and you will be redirected to pay for the form through Remita platform. Proceed with the payment using your ATM card (MasterCard recommended)
- After successful payment, login again and fill your complete form.
- Submit and print your acknowledgment slip for evidence of successful application
Best Related Posts
- NDA: How to Gain Admission to the Nigerian Defence Academy. Step By Step Guide
- NDA: Answers to Students Questions on Nigerian Defence Academy Admission
- UTME is Over! What Admission Aspirants Should Be Expecting in Few Weeks After
- How Dumbest Students Gain Admission but You’re Still Struggling
- JAMB Change of Institutions and Courses: Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges You Can Consider