Imagine being lucky to be offered admission under JAMB CAPS but you later discovered that course given was different from the one you’re longing for. Then, a message stated that you have to accept the course and make a change of course or your admission could be revoked after two (2) weeks.
Yes, you read it right. Some candidates had been offered other courses than the ones they initially applied for.
If you find yourself in this situation, what does it mean and what should you do immediately?
Why Was I Offered a Different Course from the One I Applied for?
There basically two reasons for this.
- Your school of choice didn’t have enough spaces to accommodate more applicants for the course you wanted. Hence, they resolved to offer you a new (usually related) one.
- You didn’t meet up with the requirements for the course you initially chose. You might have had one or two limitations in your JAMB score, Post UTME score, or your O’level grades. One of these may lead to being offered a different course.
|This is a sample message for applicants offered another course|
What to Do Next?
Accept the Offer and Make the Change of Course
This is what most wise applicants will go for. Especially if you don’t have any admission hope from another school and you can still do well at the new course given.
After that, you’re required to effect the change of course in your JAMB profile. The Change of course should be done on the JAMB portal strictly (except your school instructs otherwise).
Note that the change will cost N2,500 excluding the Remita CBT centre service charge.
After that, recheck your admission status on your JAMB profile dashboard. It will now reflect the new course. Then, proceed to print the JAMB admission letter.
One usual question is, can I still do the change of course after a two-week ultimatum given by JAMB?
The answer is YES. The purpose of the ultimatum or deadline to get you to take action as soon as possible.
However, you don’t have any reason to delay things. Hurry up!
Reject the Offer and Open Up for Others
JAMB has said it all. You can reject the admission offer if you don’t want it and open yourself up for another school to offer you space.
You have to be careful here though. If you reject the admission offer without the certainty that another institution will chase you, you may lose out this year. But if you’re sure you merit admission to another school (usually chosen as the first choice, passed their post UTME and beat the cut off mark), then you may reject it.
People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.
Best Related Posts
- Admission is Given on School Portal But Not on JAMB CAPS. Here is Why and what to do
- NO ADMISSION YET, Why O’level Result is the Reason for Delay
- What Candidates Should Do After JAMB Gives Admission on CAPS
- What Happens if CAPS shows “Not Admitted”? Is All Hope Lost?