2021/2022 ADVERTISEMENT FOR ADMISSION INTO OAUTHC SCHOOLS OF NURSING, MIDWIFERY, AND PERIOPERATIVE NURSING
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Nursing Programmes of the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife:
- Basic General Nursing
- Post Basic General Nursing
- Post Basic Midwifery
- Post Basic Perioperative Nursing
This page is dedicated to the basic general nursing admission process and details. You can click on the relevant link in order to read about other program admission adverts.
Basic General Nursing Admission
This is a three-year programme commencing in October 2021
Interested applicants, after being admitted will be trained for a three-year programme that will lead to the award of a Registered Nurse (RN).
The training will be held at both or either of the centers below:
- School of Nursing, Ife Hospital Unit, Ile-Ife
- School of Nursing, Wesley Guild Hospital, Ilesa
On completion of the programme, nurses could work at any public or private owned hospitals, clinics, or health care centres.
If interested, a produced nurse can further his or her education to a degree (BSC) through JAMB direct entry and later be awarded Bsc Nursing (BSN).
He or she can equally proceed to the school of midwifery of the hospital or any other teaching hospitals nationwide so as to have Registered Midwifery (RM).
OAU School of Nursing Entry/Admission Requirements
- Applicants must possess WAEC, SSCE/GCE or NECO, SSCE/GCE with five (5) credits (at not more than two sittings) in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Read: Can I use the NABTEB Result for Nursing Admission? See Answer!
- Applicants should be at least sixteen (16) years old on admission.
- Admission into the nursing program does not require writing or passing JAMB UTME
OAU School of Nursing Method of Application
- The application form is Seven Thousand Naira (N8,000.00) only
- Visit http://payment.oauthc.com/
- Candidates are advised to strictly follow the instructions for the application.
Application Requirements, Examination, and Closing Date
- Passport Photograph: Two recent identical passport photographs should be attached to the application form.
- The examination will be a Computer Based Test.
- The closing date is Tuesday 17th August, 2021.
Date of Entrance Examination
- Written Test: Entrance examination shall be conducted by the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Nursing and Midwifery Central Selection Committee between Tuesday 24th August 2021 and Wednesday 25th August 2021.
- Oral Interview: to be announced later
Warning to All Prospective Applicants
- The approved guidelines to purchase admission forms are as specified in this advertisement. Prospective applicants are hereby warned that no individual or agent has been appointed to sell admission forms on behalf of the schools. Also, admission forms are not available for sale online.
- Any applicant who acts outside the approved guidelines stated in this advertisement does so at his/her own risk.
- School of Nursing VS Bsc Nursing: Which one is the best for you?
- Universities Offering Nursing – UTME Subjects Combination/DE Grade and SSCE (O’level)
- School of Nursing, Health Tech and Hygiene: Answers to Students’ Questions on Admissions
- UCH Ibadan Nursing Form on Sales: Details Including Price, Closing Date and Procedures
- School of Nursing Kishi Admission Form is Out. Procedures, Requirements, Price and Closing Date