2020/2021 OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME EXERCISE
This is to inform the general public, parents, sponsors, and interested secondary school leavers that OAU PD form is now out and can register online as detailed below.
Centre for Distance Learning, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (Moro Campus), Moro, Osun State.
Background of the Programmes
The pre-degree programme is designed to be an intensive coaching curriculum that aims at preparing senior high school graduates (senior secondary) for university education. It is common knowledge that students carry over some deficiencies from secondary schools which inhibit their performances and individual self-development.
Given the prevalence of such a situation, the pre-degree programme was initiated to help deal with the setbacks that often accompany such circumstances by providing students with a good head-start that will facilitate superior academic performance in the university.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-Degree Programme for 2020/2021 Session.
OAU Ile-Ife Pre-Degree (PD) Admission Requirements and Eligibility
- Eligible Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credits in 5 subjects at a maximum of two sittings including the English Language (for ALL Courses), Mathematics (for Science-based and Social Science-based Courses) and Literature-in-English (for Law).
- Candidates awaiting results can equally apply.
- Candidates should note that they will also write the UTME for the admission year and score at least 200 and above before they can be offered admission into 100 level of their desired courses.
Programme Duration: The programme normally runs for two (2) contact periods both within nine (9) calendar months.
OAU Pre-degree Available Subject Combinations
Listed in the table below are all available subject combinations. Note that the English Language is compulsory for all candidates.
Options/Fields Subject Combinations
Arts Government/Literature in English/Religious Studies (GLR)
Economics/ Government/Literature in English (EGL)
Biological Sciences Biology/Chemistry/Physics (BCP)
Physical Sciences Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics (CMP)
Geography/ Mathematics/ Physics (GMP)
Social Sciences Economics/Government/Mathematics (EGM)
Candidates are to note that the above-listed subject combinations meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into ALL Degree Programmes in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
OAU Pre-degree Form Method of Application and Payment
- Pay the Application fee of ₦15,000.00 through e-Tranzact Payment Platform at any branch of First Bank, Skye Bank, Wema Bank or UBA Plc Nationwide. A Receipt that contains a Receipt Number and Confirmation Order Number will be given to you at the Bank. (Please note that Bank charges must be paid).
- Please don’t pay into an individual person’s account. OAU does not collect the payment through a personal account. Ensure you tell the bank that you’re paying THROUGH E-TRANSACT.
- After payment, Go to the OAUCDL website: (www.oaucdl.edu.ng) and click on: “2020/2021 Pre-Degree Application” and read the Instruction carefully. Create your account by clicking on “Apply Now!”. You are to supply a valid username, password, email address, and other required information.
- After creating the Account, login back into your Account with your username and password.
- Click on the Payment Method (e-transact)
- Fill the online Application Form and upload your recent passport photograph. The passport photograph must meet the following specifications: The passport photograph must be coloured with white background (Black and white photograph is not acceptable). The passport must be recent (not earlier than 3 months before the time of the application) and the size should not be more than 100KB.
- After filling the form, log out and keep your username and password safe. (Save your Username and Password on your Phone so as not to forget). Keep checking the website from time to time for the actual date of the entrance examination.
- Applicants are to note that the Pre-degree entrance exam will be computer-based. You are hereby advised to familiarise yourself with the basic use of a computer.
- Pre-Degree Applicants are advised to be checking our website from time to time for the actual date of the Entrance Exam and other relevant information.
- All candidates are required to register for 2020 UTME during the Programme.
- All Candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and PERSONAL Telephone Numbers.
- The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within 2 weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
- Applicants are to note that the Pre-Degree Entrance Exam holds at Ile-Ife Centre and a centre in Ikeja, Lagos State.
- Candidates are advised to follow the Application Instructions very carefully and ensure they select the Correct SUBJECT COMBINATION. Failure to do so may adversely affect the Candidate.
All candidates should note that OAUCDL HAS NOT AUTHORIZED any person(s) or agent(s) to sell application forms on its behalf. The application is strictly online.
OAU Predegree Pre-degree Fees/Tuition
Male Students: ₦187,500.00
Female Students: ₦222,500.00
What Next After Obtaining the Application Form?
- Visit the nearest cafe to fill the form online. You can ea equally handle the registration yourself if you can.
- After submission, print the registration slip. This is the temporary evidence of your successful registration.
- Before the closing date for the form, the school will announce the entrance exams date. Keep your phone on for possible SMS updates. You should keep checking back your application page portal for such date as well.
- You’re to write entrance exams which will be computer-based (CBT) at Moro Campus Ile-Ife
- Your result should be available for checking within the week of the test. Check your portal for updates.
- The school will release the cut off marks on the portal for you to know if you’re eligible for admission or otherwise
- If admitted, you’re to download and print your result, admission letter, and documentation package. If admitted, all these documents won’t be available for you to download.
- The school fee (figure) to be paid will be on your admission letter. Proceed to a bank and make payment.
- After payment of the tuition, return to the portal to print the hostel slip. Take this to Moro Ile-Ife (the Predegree Campus) and resume lecture.
- FUTMINNA Predegree and IJMB Admissions: Procedures, Requirements, Price, and Closing Date.
- FUNAAB Predegree, IJMB, JUPEB, and Cambridge A’level Admissions: Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- FUPRE Predegree and JUPEB Admissions: Requirements, Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- LASU Pre-degree Admission: Procedures, Requirements, Price and Closing Date
- FUOYE Predegree Form is Out: Step by Step Guide to Apply