WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (NIM)
The post below details questions students/graduates like you had asked and quick answers to such questions.
1. What Is NIM?
2. Why Do I Need the Professional Award?
3. Can I Join or Enroll at NYSC?
4. What are the classes of membership?
- Attend a variety of human capital development programmes organized by the Institute at reduced rates.
- Network with other professional managers, face to face and online
- Contribute to policy debates and national issues which enable your voice to be heard.
- Be part of a local chapter
Corporate establishments can also access cost-effective management development support for their organizations through NIM corporate membership. As a Corporate Member, your organization will enjoy the following value-added benefits;
- Capacity building and training support for your employees at reduced rates ensuring that your workforce is always up-skilled
- Research and consultancy services on current and perceived future organizational issues with a view to improving organizational competencies and productivity.
- Opportunities for your employees to attend seminars, conferences, and workshops at reduced rates, exposing and enabling them to learn and contribute to leading thoughts in your sector and industry.
- Free six months’ advertisement of your products and/or services on NIM’s website, exposing you to over 100,000 ‘opportunities to see’ our potential clients/customers.
- Allocated advertisement spaces for your organization’s products and/or services in our quarterly professional journal – Management in Nigeria – at a discounted rate
- Opportunities for your products and/or services to reach a wider audience via an advertisement in the Institute’s special programmes such as the Annual National Management Conference (ANMC), Distinguished Management Lecture (DML), Women-In-Management (WIM), Young Managers’ Competition, etc
- Access to a well-stocked Reference (Digital) e-library of the Institute and ample supply of copies of our quarterly journal Management in Nigeria. Single voting right at the Institute’s Annual General Meetings (AGMs).
5. How do I upgrade from one Graduate to Associate and Member?
The ‘Upgrading’ phenomenon is applicable only to those members seeking a rise in membership grades from GRADUATE to ASSOCIATE, and from ASSOCIATE to MEMBER. The following are the requirements for Upgrading:
- The member must have spent at least three (3) years at the lower grade to become eligible for consideration for upgrading.T
- The member (regardless of membership grade) must accumulate at least 15 credit points within the period by attending functions of the Institute, one of which must be the Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Programme (MCPEP).
6. What are the requirements or qualifications to become an individual member?
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- NYSC Discharge
- Degree Results (i.e. BSc/HND, and other Higher Degrees)
7. How much is the NIM registration for NYSC?
8. How do I Learn or Study for NIM Exams as NYSC?
See the list of NIM tuition centres for your studies
- ICAN: Answers to Students’ Questions on Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria
- ICAN Admission Requirements and Guidelines for ATS, PE, Fellow and Associate Members
- NIMN: Answers to Students’ Questions on National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria
- National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN) General Requirements, Guidelines and Syllabus