2020/2021 NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL NOV/DEC SSCE REGISTRATION EXERCISE
The 2020 November/December SSCE advertisement has commenced. The advertisement for the registration and conduct of the examination are published in the following National Dailies
- Tribune Newspaper
- Daily Trust Newspaper
- The Sun Newspaper
- State Officers are expected to contact their respective Local Media Houses and advertise the examination on a regular basis using the Radio Jingle Message enclosed. This should be done 20 times during the registration period.
This post will answer a series of questions including:
- Is NECO GCE form out?
- How much is NECO GCE form?
- When is NECO GCE registration closing date?
- How can I get NECO GCE Timetable? and more…
NECO GCE Registration and Candidates Eligibility
- Candidates are expected to visit a nearby accredited cyber cafe to register for the exams
- See the list of NECO accredited cafes in your state/town
- The Cafe will have to download and install a Biometric Fingerprint scanner to capture your data. Those with mismatched fingerprints at the point of verification will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- Candidates who had done one or more SSCE exams such as NECO or WAEC in the past are eligible to register.
- Candidates who are still in secondary schools – class 1 to 3, can equally apply.
- During the registration, you’re to choose a town of exams – among the list given/shown. NECO reserves the right to place you to any center within the town or its environs.
NECO GCE Method of Application and Payment
- The registration card can be obtained through the internet cafe you decide to use or visit the nearest NECO office for On-line Registration
- The Registration card fee is Eleven Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira (N10,150) only, including one hundred naira (100) Stamp Duty.
- Registration will, as usual, be online using the NECO registration website https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/
- Passport Photograph of candidates will also be required during online registration. The passport photograph should NOT be more than six months old and must be of a white background.
- Each candidate is expected to download ONE (1) clear copy of the Attestation Card from the cyber café where he/she registers.
- Download the 2020 NECO GCE Time-Table.
- See the complete Candidates and operators guide for the 2020 NECO GCE application.
THE REGISTRATION FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE USUAL SERVICE COST CHARGED FOR REGISTRATION BY THE ACCREDITED CYBER CAFES.
NECO GCE egistration Procedures for Cyber Cafes
- As earlier mentioned, registration is strictly online and biometric data capture is an integral part. The use of reputable Cyber cafes with good facilities is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates.
- Download Biometric Application: In order to carry out NECO Registration on any computer you need to install the Biometrics Application and Scanner drivers on that computer. Download here.
- A clear copy of the downloaded attestation/photo card should be given to applicants. This photo-card must be signed and stamped by an eligible referee should be presented during the examination
- Candidates are no longer required to stamp or submit their attestation/photo cards in NECO state offices.
- Blind Candidates: Blind candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to inform the NECO State Officer of the State where they intend to write the Examination, immediately after they register. A copy of each blind candidate’s Attestation Card should be collected by the State Officer for further action.
- Blind Candidates and Albinos: Please note that the Albinos and Blind Candidates are to be given 30 minutes extra time across all papers.
- Center Coordinators: Principal of schools that are to be used as centers for this Examination will, as usual, be appointed as Coordinators. Please, liaise with them to ensure that they give the necessary support for the successful conduct of the Examination.
- Complaints on Registration: Please inform Candidates that complaints on registration will be treated on-line via email [email protected] or [email protected] Furthermore, the following NECO helpline GSM Nos. can also be contacted: 08126886938, 08126886939, 08069232760, 08052218069, 08189342754, 08052218070
NECO Walk-in Candidates Registration: How to, Modalities, Price and More
Let’s talk NECO exams registration and its walk-in candidate’s registration for their GCE or November/December exams.
National Examination council conduct two SSCE exams yearly. First, NECO June/July usually called NECO Internal. This is the school candidates exams. Second, the NECO (GCE) Nov/Dec usually called the NECO external. This is the private candidate’s exams.
Read more about NECO and her exams in my post, “NECO Exams and Results: Answers to Your Questions on National Examination Council (NECO)
NECO Add Walk-in Registration Opportunity
The Walk-in registration is an opportunity for all interested applicants who missed the deadline (closing date) for the application.
However, this is, as at the time of this writing, only opened to the NECO external. In other words, the school candidates’ exam has not allowed late registration in such manner.
How Does NCEO GCE Walk-in Application work?
- Candidates who wish to register and sit for 2020 NOV/DEC SSCE after the closing date must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Candidates must complete their registration within twenty-four (24) hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) that they intend to sit for. The Walk-in-Candidate’s fee for the examination is twenty thousand naira only (N20,000.00) per candidate
- Candidates are to pay the registration fee to NECO TSA and present evidence of payment at the NECO State Office.
- Candidates are to collect activated registration scratch cards from NECO State Office.
- Biometrics enrollment is mandatory for this examination.
- Candidates are to report to the examination centre on the date and time of the scheduled
- This means a candidate can at any time (while the exam is already on and some papers done) still register for the exams and partake in the rest of the papers. Such candidates will only be allowed to write any next papers but not the ones already done.
- NECO GCE is right for you if you have one or two deficiencies in your NECO June/July results. You can take this exam to make up for such.
- You can check if the registration is still opened to walk-in candidates when papers are still ongoing. As soon as the final paper is done, no such chance opened again.
Best Related Posts
- AWAITING RESULTS: Answers to Students’ Questions on Admission
- 8 Steps to Check WAEC (WASSCE) result on https://www.waecdirect.org
- NABTEB Results: Steps to Check on https://eworld.nabtebnigeria.org
- NECO Exams and Results: Answers to Your Questions on National Examination Council (NECO)
- SSCE Results: How to know 5 Compulsory Subjects to Pass for Admission Purpose