Must DE Applicants Upload/Send Transcripts for/to JAMB/School

DE Candidates' Academic Trascipts Should be Sent to the Universities Proposed

We have all heard that admission seekers should upload their results to the JAMB portal. And if you’re hearing that for the first time, there you have it.

It’s compulsory to upload your result to the JAMB portal if you truly desire the admissions. Unfortunately, thousands of candidates have lost their offers for not yielding to these simple instructions.

For the UTME (100 level admission seekers), only the O’level results are required to be uploaded.

For the Direct entry applicants (200 level admission seekers), the following documents are required:

  1. O’level results
  2. A’level results (i.e results for BSC, HND, ND, NCE, JUPEB, IJMB, etc)
  3. Academic Transcripts.

Here is the question, which ones must be uploaded to the JAMB portal for the Direct entry applicants?

Direct Entry (DE) Applicants will Upload O’level and A’level Results

To the JAMB portal, during the DE registration or at a later date (if awaiting), direct entry applicants must upload both the SSCE results and the advanced academic records, certificates, or statements of the result.

At the point of registrations (i.e CBT centers or JAMB offices), they will ask for the two results, details of which must be filled, scanned, and uploaded to the JAMB portal.

If there is a delay in presenting either of the two or both, you can still return to the CBT centers or JAMB office later to upload.

If you’ve heard that a transcript must equally be included in your Direct entry application, that is true. This is fully addressed under the next section

READ MORE  Can Another Person Help Me Register UTME/DE?

RECOMMENDEDDifference Between O’level, SSCE, and A’level Results

DE Candidates’ Academic Trascipts Should be Sent to the Universities Proposed

The third document involved in the DE application/admission processes is the academic transcript.

What’s an Academic Transcript?

This is a performance record showing your academic results of courses taken from a particular time in the school to another period of your studies. It usually includes both the test and exam performances. Candidates’ personal data are also shown on the transcripts e,g names, department, years of admission, and graduation, and overall grade.

For instance, a National Diploma (ND) transcript will show a student’s test scores together with exam scores for a period of 4 semesters in the polytechnic i.e ND 1 first and second semester together with ND II first and the second semester.

Sending Transcripts to Your Proposed University

For security and privacy reasons, while requesting your transcript from the former school, the management is not likely to hand over the documents to you. 

Instead, you’re to approach your admin office and request them to send the transcript to your proposed university, on your behalf.

The service is usually charged at a moderate fee. The school will then prepare the transcripts and forward them to the official addresses given by the student.

A typical address will look like this …

The Registrar,

The Federal University of Agriculture,


Ogun State.

Not All Universities Ask for Transcripts, Yet It is Safer to Send

While reading the post Direct entry advert of your university, you may or may not find the statement that instructs you to send the transcripts to the appropriate office within a stated period. 

READ MORE  JAMB UTME Reprint Starting Date: How and Portal to Reprint?

If you find such, it’s obvious you should request a transfer of transcript to the university. If however, you don’t, that doesn’t mean you should ignore sending the transcript totally. 

I advise you send the transcript notwithstanding. It may give you an edge over those who don’t send at all.

Best Related Posts

  1. Can I Obtain a Post UTME/DE Form Without UTME/DE?
  2. How to Upgrade UTME to DE For ND/NCE/JUPEB/IJMB/HND/Bsc/RN Holders
  3. How Long Does JAMB Regularization Take to Be Approved?
  4. Can I Use New O’level Results for HND or Direct Entry?
  5. Can I Study Pharmacy With BSC/HND Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, etc?

Leave a Reply