LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY LAGOS-BADAGRY EXPRESSWAY, PMB 0001, LASU POST OFFICE, LAGOS
ADVERTISEMENT FOR ADMISSION INTO LASU PRE-DEGREE STUDIES FOR 2020/2021 CALENDAR YEAR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Lagos State University Pre– Degree Studies [PDS] Programme, which shall commence in October 2020.
- The Programme shall run for One (1) Academic Session, beginning from October 2020 to September 2021. It is an intensive programme to prepare Candidates with deficiency in their O’Level Results and also prepare them for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination [UTME] for admission into the 100 Level Degree Programmes of Lagos State University.
- The Programme is located at the Lagos State University, Epe Campus.
LASU Predegree Admission Requirements and Eligibility
- Candidates must have Credit Passes in at least Three (3) Subjects (i. e. Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Government and Economics, Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies (CRS), Accounting at Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, GCE or NECO at NOT more than Two (2) sittings.
- Candidates who meet the admission requirements will be invited for a written qualifying examination.
The subjects to be offered are:
- English Language
- Literature in English
- Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
Criteria for Transiting to 100 Level
- For the transition to 100 Level, each Candidate is expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and also OBTAIN the minimum JAMB Cut Off Mark for the University Admission as well as comply with the University Screening Test as may be prescribed.
- In addition, all CANDIDATES with deficiencies are to REGISTER for WAEC and /or NECO, and are expected to pass all the relevant deficient subjects.
- Successful candidates are eligible to be allocated to the 100 Level Courses of related Faculties/Schools/College: Engineering, Science, Management Sciences, Education, Social Sciences, Law, School of Agriculture, Transport, Mass Communication, Nursing, Dentistry and College of Medicine, at the end of the Programme.
- On admission, if any Candidate voluntarily withdraws after Two (2) Weeks, a month or Two, from the Programme, only 30% request for refund of school fee can be made by such Candidate before the end of First Term of the Calendar Year. Any request made after that period will NOT be entertained.
LASU Predegree Method of Application and Payment
- Prospective Candidates should visit www.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop-down list at the top, to make the required payment of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000:00) only for the 2020/2021 LASU Pre –Degree Studies.
- After payment, Candidates should proceed to register online.
Eight (8) weeks from the date of this publication.
DATE FOR QUALIFYING EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEW
The dates for the Qualifying Examination and Interview for the Successful Candidates for the 2020/2021 Calendar Year will be announced later.
Any applicant who pays money to any individual/other accounts / or through other means aside from the one above, does so, to his/her own disadvantage.
- The programme is residential. Candidates offered admission into the programme will be accommodated at the Epe Campus of the Lagos State University.
- Candidates are to visit: www.lasu.edu.ng for more information about the programme.
Best Related Posts
- FUOYE Predegree Form is Out: Step by Step Guide to Apply
- Predegree Course: Understand Admission into PDS, PD or Remedial Programmes
- LAUTECH Predegree (PDS) Form: Details of Registration, Requirements and Guideline
- 9 Things You Must Know About Predegree Admission to University
- Understand PART-TIME Degree, HND, ND or NCE Programmes: Short-cut to Gain Admission Without UTME