- what the JAMB mock exam is,
- how to register or apply for it,
- the nature of the questions and answers,
- when the Mock exams will come up,
- if the exam is compulsory for all candidates,
- or does JAMB add the Mock marks to the main UTME?
Since the inception of UTME computer-based exams, JAMB has devised a way to get candidates prepared for the exam far before the date. In order to achieve this, they came up with MOCK.
In other words, this exam is meant to prepare UTME candidates for the real test coming.
1. What is JAMB Mock?
This type of exam is not new as it is usually adopted by schools and the government to know the ability of students before the main exam.
That’s why I define the JAMB mock as pre-UTME and preparatory exams.
2. How do I register for JAMB Mock?
If you’re interested in the preparatory test, all you’ll do during your UTME registration is signify that you want to write it.
Most CBT centre will ask if you want to. If they don’t, you should tell them forearmed that you want Mock during the filling of your form.
Note that registration for mock may not cost an additional charge. This means you won’t need to pay for the exam. It’s should be FREE.
The CBT centre will just indicate that you’ll write the MOCK and JAMB’s database will add you up with the set of candidates to be scheduled for this test.
3. What is the Nature of the Questions in this Exam?
- Giving candidates clues to how JAMB UTME is like
- Exposing candidates to the way JAMB set questions
- Testing candidates ability for UTME
- Allowing candidates to know if he or she is weak or strong in his or her subjects or otherwise
- Familiarizing students with the use of computers to write test
- Making candidates understand CBT exams environment
Having said that, candidates are to know that questions set for mock are not different from that of the main UTME. The same exam body will set them and from the same database.
Even though you shouldn’t expect JAMB to repeat the same questions set for mock during the UTME, yet questions are not different in nature.
Check how JAMB marks and scores English and other subjects and get the idea of what negative marking is and how it may or may not affect you.
4. Does JAMB add the Mock score to the UTME score?
The bad and good news is that your mock score will not be added to your UTME score.
They’re independent of each other.
In fact, if you’re already familiar with CBT exams environment, you may not need such a preparatory test.
5. When is the Mock Exams Coming UP?
Hence, candidates are to print their exam schedule slips on or before that date on the JAMB official page.
6. Is JAMB Mock Compulsory for all UTME Candidates?
With all the explanations above, you should by now, get the idea of what this test is all about. Hence, you know if this is necessary for you or not.
In summary, it’s optional and it doesn’t affect how JAMB gives you a score in UTME.
Recommended: How to Upgrade/Edit/Increase JAMB UTME Score/Mark
A Case Study
She was relieved by her familiarization with the real computer use for exams, the CBT environment, and the UTME platform.
However, when she wrote the main UTME, she got 186.
Do you see that?
JAMB mock is not for every candidate. Hence, you don’t need to panic if you didn’t register for it in the first place. If you register, know that performing better in mock doesn’t guarantee a higher mark in the main UTME. And it’s closer to the certainty that her mark in mock was not added.
Best Related Post
- Do I have to Reprint the JAMB slip at CBT Centre or Cafe?
- JAMB Exams Starting Date for UTME: See the UTME Time-Table
- Get Confirmed JAMB CBT Questions and Answers Runz/Expo
- 5 Most Recommended Tips to Prepare and Pass UTME Within Weeks
- JAMB UTME/DE Form: Registration Date, Latest Price Update and More