Before that, there are things to know.
JAMB Direct Entry Form has Closed
We’re all disappointed with the date when the form closed. How can JAMB close UTME and DE on the same date and without extension?
What we were used to is DE form closing some weeks after the UTME form has closed. Things suddenly changed!
In fact, it has never happened in the history of admission in Nigeria until 2018. But it’s happened anyway. And the next question aspiring candidates keep asking is “Is JAMB going to open DE portal again this year?”
I’m here to answer that.
JAMB May Open DE Form Again
IJMB has certain levies to pay the federal government. And if their candidates won’t be allowed to obtain DE form this year, the government will lose out as well.
The source made it known that, for the sake of IJMB candidates, JAMB may soon reopen DE registration. The body has promised that once IJMB results are out, candidates will be informed if the registration reopens. You can also subscribe to this blog for such updates.
And now, the result is out. We should be on the look for it sooner.
JAMB Proffers Another Solution – Upgrading of UTME to DE
JAMB has opened the chance for candidates who obtained UTME form and at the same time, are hoping for admission through direct entry. I covered this in detail in my post, “How to Upgrade UTME to DE For ND/NCE/JUPEB/IJMB/HND/Bsc/RN Holders“
Here is the picture!
If you have a UTME profile and you prefer being offered admission to Direct Entry, you can go ahead for upgrading now.
However, only candidates with NCE, ND, IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB Advanced, and Cambridge A’Level and who at the same time had obtained UTME forms are allowed to upgrade from UTME to DE.
For example, some candidates have obtained JAMB UTME while still awaiting the results of their A’levels (NCE, ND, IJMB, JUPEB). These sets of candidates can go ahead and covert the UTME to DE and consider any schools of interest.
If you do that, however, you won’t be able to pursue the two admissions. You’re forfeiting UTME for DE.
How to Upgrade UTME to Direct Entry (DE)
- Visit the nearest JAMB office. I encourage you to use the office in your state of origin if closer.
- Tell them you have come for the upgrading of your UTME to DE
- Go along with your UTME registration slip, A’level results, and JAMB profile code
- They will attend to you for the registration. You will be asked to choose two universities– 1st and 2nd choice.
- After upgrading, wait for your information to reflect on the portal of the new school you’re proposing. In my experience, one of my candidates that upgraded for the University of Ilorin took a week before it reflected on the school’s admission portal before we could start her post DE registration.
You can’t do changing of UTME to DE or upgrading at a cafe or CBT centre for now. Kindly go to the JAMB office.
However, candidates who didn’t register for UTME in the first place or still don’t want to upgrade can wait as the hope to reopen the DE application is moderately high.
Best of luck!
Best Related Posts
- JAMB Regularization For Direct Entry (DE): Procedures, Price, and Closing Date
- 21+ Universities That Accept HND into 300 Level Direct Entry (DE)
- How to Gain Admission Into University of Lagos (UNILAG) – A-Z Guide
- How to Choose Institutions in UTME and DE: A Must Read for All Admission Seekers
- JAMB CAPS Now Opened: 7 Status Messages, Their Meanings and What to Do Next