This post will answer your questions and shed some light on similar ones.
What’s JAMB Marketplace Admission
JAMB has introduced a means through which candidates can still gain admission into institutions they didn’t choose in UTME/DE. This is a medium for institutions that have spaces within their departments to invite candidates they deem qualified but didn’t choose them.
In most cases, JAMB will forward the lists of candidates who are awaiting admissions from certain schools (that are yet to consider them or may not eventually offer them admissions) to other institutions that are able to admit them with their marks in JAMB and grades in O’level.
Candidates are then left to accept such or reject.
How to Check if You Have Been Offered Admission on the Marketplace
Take the following steps to log into your JAMB profile and check marketplace admission status.
- Visit JAMB efacility or click https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility./
- Login with your JAMB email and the password. You can reset your password if forgotten.
- Now, you’re on the dashboard. Click on the check admission status right below the page.
- On the next page, click Access My CAPS to the left (not Check Admission Status) to the right.
- On the next page, you will see some links to your left. Locate Marketplace. Click on that to see if any institution has offered you admission other than the one you’re expecting from. Change your view to Desktop if you’re using a mobile phone to check. This will help you see things completely and better than the mobile view.
What to Do If Offered Admission in the Marketplace
If offered admission in the Marketplace, your page will look exactly like the one below.
For your reference, the candidate in the picture above has sought admission into Ekiti State University (EKSU). In fact, she was sent a message by the school that she has been transferred to another course. She accepted the new course and did the change of course to that on the JAMB portal.
However, for weeks no good news. She was not eventually admitted by EKSU (at least not yet).
While waiting, she checked her Marketplace only to find out that Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State.
If she was interested in the school, she could accept the offer. If otherwise, rejected it.
If you reject this (one) offer, you can still be lucky to be offered admission by another institution through the same marketplace or the main admssion status.
What Next After Accepting Offer at Marketplace
Accepting the offer does not mean you have been admitted. It simply implies that you have accepted to be considered for admission by the institution.
After the acceptance, you’re to be checking your regular admission status on CAPS. If eventually offered, you will need to do a change of institution to the school together with the course offered.
It’s after this, you will need to print the JAMB admission letter and the original result (you can reprint this if already printed). Take these to the school for further instructions and documentation.