JAMB launched the use of OTP for activities such as change of institutions and courses on her platform starting from the 2020 admission year. Candidates who require any form of change of data will make a payment of N2,500 excluding the Remita charges and get One Time Password (OTP) to complete the registration. This OTP will arrive on the candidates’ phones as SMS almost immediately after successful payments.
The OTP Message sample is below.
Dear OLANREWAJU S. O. your 2020 UTME/DE Data Correction payment made on Sep 07, 2020 is received. Your OTP is 6AX45X1
However, very many applicants could not receive their OTPs after payment. What could be the reason? What to do in this situation? Are there any other means to get JAMB OTP?
This post will be your best guide to getting your JAMB change of data OTP after payment was successfully made. But first, let’s get some things off the road.
1. Check If the Payment Was truly Successful
You might have NOT got the OTP if your payment was not successful or you’re wrongly debited by the bank. To confirm your payment status, log in to your JAMB profile. On your dashboard, locate “My Payments“. Click on this and see the list of your payments. The most recent one could be the payment for the change of data. Check right under “Action” to see if the payment displayed “Get Status” or “Print Receipt“.
If it shows “Print Receipt“, it means the payment was successful. If it shows “Get Status“, it may mean the payment has not been processed. Click that and see if the next page shows “Payment mad Successfully“. If it Shows “Payment Pending“, it means the payment wasn’t successful. Hence, you have to continue here to complete the payment.
At this “payment Pending Stage“, if your account has been debited, kindly send a complaint message to Remita (23416367000or [email protected]) or contact your bank immediately.
2. Be sure you have your JAMB SIM on Your Phone
You may not get JAMB OTP for the change of data if your JAMB phone line is not active. Be sure it’s the same line used for JAMB you have on your phone. This is the number JAMB would send SMS to. If you’re not sure what line you used, check your JAMB registration or exams slip to see the number.
In case those are not available, login to your profile and click on your profile icon. Click on “My Profile” to get your phone number.
3. Be Sure Mobile Network is Available
Similar to the situation above is network availability. Even when you have the JAMB number active on your phone, the mobile network may not be favorable. I will advise you to restart your phone to see if things will change or change the location for better reception.
How to Get OTP If JAMB Doesn’t Send After the Payment
Under normal circumstances, after the payment, you should automatically get the SMS containing the OTP. If otherwise, you’re to put the steps above to action. And with all these, nothing works. What do you do?
JAMB allows you to process this OTP 5 times for now (which may increase in the future). Hence, if you don’t get it the first time, you can request it again without another payment.
- Login to your Profile
- By the left side of your dashboard, locate Registration (Pick your year e.g 2020)
- This will expand for payment links, choose the one you made e.g 2020 UTME change of Data Correction.
- Select the right option on the next page and click on “Continue with the Correction“
- On the next page, you will see a link to Resend OTP.
- Note that you can process the resend 5 times and you should leave at least 5 minutes interval between each attempt if the previous doesn’t work.
- However, be sure you give it enough time like a few hours. If you try during the day without success, try it the next morning.
Note if you burn your 5 times, you may not be able to get the OTP again. So be warned!
Change SIM into a Basic Phone
I’ve tried this a few times and it’d worked well. If you’re expecting the OTP with your SIM on a smartphone, you may experience some delay. I suggest you put the SIM inside a basic phone such as Tecno, itel or Nokia.
I may not have a technical reason why this works. But it does most of the time.
Best of luck!
Best Related Posts
- Do-It-Yourself: Change of Institutions/Courses, Gender, State/LGA (With Online or Bank Payment)
- Problems Paying on JAMB Portal, Change of Data, Result and Letter? Solutions
- Can JAMB Refund Money for Forms, Change of Institutions etc?
- How To Print JAMB Result, JAMB and School Admission Letters
- Is Change of Institutions/Courses One Payment for All or Separate Charge Needed?