UPDATE: INEC Adhoc Staff recruitment finally opened for interested applicants. Read details each of the positions in through the links below:
INEC Positions Opened
- Graduate Presiding Officer (PO) Positions
- Assistant Presiding Officer (APO) Positions
- Registration Area Technical Support (RATECH) Positions
- Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) Positions
- Registration Area Center (RAC) Manager Positions
The General Election is here in a couple of weeks. Rumors have it that INEC has started recruiting for the Adhoc staff needed for the conduct of the election.
With respect to that, I’d got a series of searches on this blog. Together with calls, SMS and direct blog messages, I’ve got people asking:
- INEC recruitment form for 2020 general election
- INEC Recruitment 2020/2021
- INEC Adhoc staff recruitment for 2020 election
- INEC Adhoc staff recruitment 2020
- How to apply for INEC recruitment
- INEC Adhoc staff 2020
- INEC ad-hoc staff recruitment for 2020 election
- INEC recruitment portal 2020
I chose to write this post to clear the air about the said recruitment exercise.
Got Update that INEC is Recruiting, is it real of Fake?
There’ve been some reports being shared through social networks including Facebook, Whatsapp etc that INEC Nigeria is accepting applications for Adhoc staff positions.
This is NOT true.
|Official warning regards the recruitment of INEC Adhoc staff|
Some of these shared/forwarded messages would take you to websites that look like that of INEC Nigeria. These are NOT official websites by the commission.
The commission has equally released a warning notice on her official website that this circulating information should be disregarded.
What is Real About INEC and their Application?
It’s true that the body is accepting applications but it’s not the form for Adhoc staff. The form available to the public to fill on INEC portal is the “Application form for the Observers”.
|Application form for the election observers count down|
In case you don’t know, observers are authorized individuals and organizations who wish to be present at the polling booths and monitor limited activities and give constructive reports on such.
Won’t INEC Recruit Adhoc Staff for the Election?
Yes, they will. But such a form is not out yet.
The commission recently announced that they will employ about 1 million Adhoc staff indeed. And that’s the good news for you.
INEC chairman, Professor Mahmud Yakubu, made the disclosure during an interactive session with the Senate Committee on Electoral Matters.
Yakubu said the figure will be about 300,000 higher than what INEC used for the 2015 elections in order to avert the shortage of manpower at the polling units across the country.
He said, “The projected increase in the number of ad hoc (members of ) staff to be engaged in the elections by the commission arose from the need to make provisions for adequate manpower for the exercise on a general template and, specifically, to take care of peculiar needs for that purpose in some polling units across the federation.”
So be on the lookout without falling victims of scammers and internet fraudsters.
How to Know When the Recruitment Starts
- First, subscribe to this blog. When the real information is out on the jobs, you’ll receive an email message from me.
- Follow INEC on her official website and Twitter. See their career page and Twitter Handle as well.
- You can as well get in touch on their helpline 0700-2255-4632
Best Related Posts
- Nigerian Police Recruitment Form is Out. See Qualifications, Positions and How to Apply
- Npower Gives Link to Apply for N-Build Intakes: See How To Apply
- Nigerian Army DSSC Form is Out. See Positions, Requirements and Application Guide
- First Bank Nigeria Jobs: Apply for Graduate, Experienced and OND Vacancies
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Jobs for Graduates (Bsc and HND), OND, NCE and Others