UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE IJMB, JUPEB AND OTHER A’LEVEL PROGRAMMES TO GAIN ADMISSION TO UNIVERSITIES.
If you’re reading about IJMB, JUPEB, Cambridge and NABTEB A’level programmes for the first time, you’re surely not a frustrated admission seeker. Every candidate who had been let down by JAMB UTME for years had got to know about these A’level courses that give you admission into universities without writing UTME.
You might have been informed by a friend, an advert or a teacher that you can gain admission into a university without writing UTME and through A’level courses like IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB Advanced or Cambridge. They’re right and you will find out how – after reading this post.
This post will guide you on what these programmes are, why you may need them instead of following the crowd, where to do them and what is next after completing your course.
I made reference to these advanced programmes in my post, “How dumbest Students are Gaining Admissions while you still struggle”. You can take a moment to read that.
Yes. One smartest means to gain admission is through the advanced courses. It has worked for several other admission seekers. It will help you if you take it too.
Meaning of IJMB, JUPEB and Cambridge A’level
More basic thing to know is that the chief coordinator for IJMB is Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU) while JUPEB is coordinated by the University of Lagos. Cambridge University is in charge of its A’level course.
Generally, any of these courses give you the opportunity to be admitted into 200 level of any course of choice after its completion.
How Do IJMB, JUPEB, and Others Work!
There are schools and study centres across the Nigeria who are participating members of IJMB, JUPEB and Cambridge A’level. These schools organize lectures for their applicants within the campus or at dedicated study centers.
When you obtain any of these advanced courses, you’re to take part in a-year of intensive lectures at your study centres, write tests along the way and write your final exams.
You’re expected to come out with certain points or grades. The required grade levels (which guarantees admission) will be communicated to you during your programme. It’s this grade that will determine your chance of gaining admission for your proposed course to the same school or any of the participating members.
With your grade, you then obtain the JAMB Direct Entry (DE) form. Note that JAMB sells two forms yearly – UTME and DE forms.
The UTME is meant for SSCE candidates who are seeking admission into 100 level of any university, polytechnic or college. DE form is meant for IJMB, JUPEB, Cambridge A’level, NCE, ND, HND or BSC candidates who wish to further their educations in any university. These candidates don’t write UTME – they only obtain the Direct Entry form and take part in the school organized test and/or admission screening exercise.
JAMB then processes your admission to your university of choice if you meet up with the grade required by that institution.
Admission Requirements for IJMB, JUPEB and Cambridge A’level
To be admitted for any of the advanced programmes, candidates must:
- possess at least 5 credit passes in WAEC, NECO and NABTEB. These subjects must be the right ones for the proposed course at the university. Read, “SSCE Results: How to know 5 Compulsory Subjects to Pass for Admission Purpose“
- be using awaiting result, provided you’re certain such SSCE results will be available before or on admission.
- obtain the form of any school of interest or study centres – participating in IJMB, JUPEB and Cambridge A’level.
Direct Entry (200 level Admission) Requirements for IJMB, JUPEB and Cambridge A’level
In order to be offered admission into 200 level after completion of your advanced course, you must:
- have acceptable Grade or Point in the advanced course
- have 5 or 6 credit passes (depending on schools or courses) in relevant SSCE subjects (to your proposed course) in not more than 2 sittings
- obtain and Register for JAMB Direct Entry form and
- take part in the post-DE test or admission screening exercise of the university chosen in the DE form.
How Certain is Admission to IJMB, JUPEB and Cambridge Course?
As a matter of fact, once your O’level result is satisfactory, you’ll be admitted for the course.
If you want to use awaiting results, what’s important is the certainty that your SSCE results will be ready by the time you obtain JAMB direct entry form to gain admission to the 200 level (as earlier explained).
Where can I register for IJMB, JUPEB or Cambridge A’level?
You can register for the programme at any of the participating schools – universities, polytechnics, colleges or accredited study centres.
IJMB, JUPEB, and Cambridge A’level Form Price, Tuition of fees
No specific price for all packages including the form, accommodation, study pack and tuition.
You should contact the institution or the study centre about their price. Read: IJMB and JUPEB in University Vs Study Centres: Which is Better?
From experience, however, you may prepare about #250,000 for all.
People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.
Best Related Posts
- SSCE Results: How to know 5 Compulsory Subjects to Pass for Admission Purpose
- Sandwich Degree: Non-UTME Course and What Admission Seekers Should know before Applying
- Predegree Course: Understand Admission into PDS, PD or Remedial Programmes
- Understand PART-TIME Degree, HND, ND or NCE Programmes: Short-cut to Gain Admission Without UTME
- NOUN Admissions: Answers to Series of Questions of Prospective Students