ICAN PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS MOST ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Read the post below as a quick guide to ICAN exams and as a body.
1. What is ICAN?
ICAN’s mission is to Produce World-Class Chartered Accountants, Regulate and Continuously Enhance Their Ethical Standards and Technical Competence in the Public Interest.
2. What are the examinations conducted by ICAN?
- Accounting Technicians Scheme (ATS)
- The Institute’s Professional Examinations
3. What are the possible memberships of ICAN I can apply for?
- Associate Member (ACA)
- Fellow Member (FCA)
- Registered Accountants (RA)
4. Why do I need ICAN?
5. What are the academic requirements to become ICAN student or member?
- In order to register as a student with the Institute, an applicant must hold a qualification not below University degree or its equivalent.
- The Council has accepted the following qualifications for the purpose of entry requirements:
- The degree of any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic accredited by the Council.
- Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council.
6. What requirements are needed for ICAN ATS?
- Five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in the West African School Certificate Examination, General Certificate of Education or Senior Secondary Certificate Examination in not more than two sittings.
- Ordinary National Diploma of any Polytechnic recognized by the Council of the Institute.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from any College of Education.
- Any other relevant qualification approved by the Institute.
7. What is the registration links for ICAN membership?
For ATS registration, click here.
8. What are the exemptions available to ICAN professional exams and ATS students?
Click here to see updated courses, qualifications, level of exemptions and fee applicable.
9. As a graduate of Accounting what level of ICAN exams do I start from?
But only if you’re a graduate from an accredited institution.
You will find ICAN Mutual Cooperation Agreement with Higher Institutions helpful to know if your school is an accredited institution.
10. Where can I get ICAN or ATS study pack or syllabus?
Check the official page for ATS pack directly on ICAN website.
Do you still have another question, drop it in the comment section below.
Before then, check if it has been covered in the complete guide to registering for ATS, PE, Fellow and Associate Membership of ICAN.
Best Related Posts
- ICAN Admission Requirements and Guidelines for ATS, PE, Fellow and Associate Members
- National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN) General Requirements, Guidelines and Syllabus
- NIMN: Answers to Students’ Questions on National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria
- NIM: Answers to the Questions Prospective Students and Members Are Asking
- EKSU Direct/Top-UP Degree/Part-Time Requirements for UTME, SSCE, ND, NCE and HND Holders