I have really tried to help several students who forgot their JAMB profile passwords. I felt their pains because several candidates had visited me with faces of worry. Imagine what it would be like if you lost your JAMB profile password without help. You can’t check CAPS. You can’t see your admission status. And if offered admission, you can neither accept nor print the admission letter.
This is why I gave about 5 ways to get a lost profile password or email password as the case may be.
As if that was not enough, I let you know when JAMB opened her official online contact medium through which you could report issues of any sort to the matriculation body directly. This would be helpful if you want to avoid visiting JAMB state branches in the country before you can solve a problem.
Those who have read the posts above had been helped. Yet, a few were not getting things done. Why?
Some had forgotten the passwords to their emails. Some don’t have access to the phone numbers they used for security codes during the email registration. Some used Yahoo Mail for their profiles. And in most cases, Yahoo accounts had not been receiving reset links from JAMB even if you tried to reset your JAMB password through forget password link available on the JAMB portal.
The problem has led several CBT centres and unscrupulous cafes to be exploiting students before they could help them out. This is why I had to contact JAMB for other ways around this issue.
You should be happy with my findings – JAMB has finally given you a universal method to get your lost JAMB profile password back without any visit to a cafe or CBT centre or even the JAMB office anywhere in Nigeria.
Though there are three conditions attached to that.
- You must know your JAMB email. You can easily get that on your JAMB UTME registration or exams slip.
- You must still have a phone line you used for JAMB registration active on a phone. If you’ve lost that, all it takes is to do welcome-back or retrieve that at any MTN, GLO, Etisalat, Airtel offices, or shops around you.
- You must be ready to spend just N50.
JAMB Official Method to Get Back Your Forgotten Profile Password
There are two new methods to reset JAMB profile passwords.
- Get your phone on. Make sure you have at least N50 loaded or left on your account.
- Go to the message and send the “password (space) email used for JAMB” to 55019
- For example, password [email protected] to 55019
- A message below will arrive on your phone in a moment.
Your request has been received and is being processed, you will get response shortly.The service will cost you #50.
After this, N50 will be deducted from your account and another message containing a new password will be sent to you as below.
You new Login details email: techiekons[email protected], Pwd: cand9ab3db
- You can reset your password by sending Reset Password to 55019 using the sim used during registration.
- A message will be sent back to you with a new password.
Best of luck!
Best Related Posts
- Do-It-Yourself: Change of Institutions/Courses, Gender, State/LGA (With Online or Bank Payment)
- Can I Send Another Person to Help With JAMB-Portal Registrations/Activities
- UTME/DE: Errors With Name, Email, Date of Birth, Gender, Local Govt, Subjects Combination
- Log Into JAMB CAPS on Phone, Computer: Step By Step Guide
- Can I Upload O’level Results to JAMB Portal After Post UTME? See Answer