|JAMB admission status|
Do you want to know if you have been offered admission? There is a way to check that on the JAMB portal and on your school portal. This post gives you step by step guide to do that.
Each has its procedures to confirm your status. This post will guide you on how to check on the JAMB and later on the school website. It will also provide you with links explaining what has happened if your status is not on JAMB but on the school or on the school but not on JAMB. Or the worst, if it’s not on both.
Checking Admission Status on JAMB Portal
However, this doesn’t mean that schools don’t have says again in the admission processes. In fact, it’s a matter of collaboration between the two parties. Hence, to check your status on the JAMB portal, follow the steps below.
- Visit your JAMB profile. See How to Log In to JAMB CAPS on Phone, Computer: Step By Step Guide.
- Then, proceed to “Check Admission Status” on the dashboard (usually the last box on your dashboard).
- You will see Access My CAPS and Check Admission Status on the resulting page.
- Click on Access My CAPS. Then, locate the Admission Status link by the left side on the next page.
- If you’re having a problem seeing all information other than “welcome”, it means you’re using a phone. Follow the guide in the link above to show other details including the admission status link. The post also includes a series of guides that can help here.
- If offered admission, you’re to accept or reject. See What JAMB and Schools Do When You Reject Admission on CAPS.
- Then, For the purpose of documentation when you go to the school for screening, you’re to print the JAMB admission letter and original JAMB results
- If you’ve not been offered admission yet, no need to panic. Kindly read this post to see if O’level might be the reason or any other causes.
Checking Admission on the School Portal
It’s also possible for JAMB to have offered you admission before school.
To check your admission status on the school portal, follow the steps below.
- Regularly check for lists to uploaded on the school website homepage. Some schools will just release the lists of candidates offered admissions right on the websites. This is common to the likes of Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Og-un State Polytechnic, College of Education Ila-Orang-un, Adeyemi College of Education, etc.
- However, some schools will only show your admission status right on the individual student’s post-UTME portal. In this case, candidates are to log in to their post UTME/admission portal used when applying – with their login details (e.g JAMB registration number or email and surname or password)
- Usually, there will be a link to check the admissions status on the portal. This is common to the likes of LAUTECH, OAU, FUTA, UNILAG, UNIBEN, UNILORIN, Federal Poly Ede, etc.
Best Related Posts
- What to Do If Offered Admission For a Different Course in JAMB CAPS
- Can I Register For Post UTME of a School Not Chosen in JAMB? See Answer
- Change of Course Has Not Reflected, Can I Register Post UTME? See Answer
- Is It Possible To Be Offered/Given Admission By School You Didn’t Choose In JAMB?
- Can JAMB Give A Candidate Two Admissions in CAPS? See Answer