This post will help you find answers to a series of questions being asked by students who had recently done JAMB change of institutions and courses but yet to reflect or appear on the portal of the schools proposed.
You will understand how long it takes for the change to reflect in your JAMB profile, your new schools, and the processes involved before the change can be effected.
There’s a need to address this because I’d recently received these questions…
- Change of institution not reflecting, Why?
- When will the JAMB change of institution reflect?
- JAMB change of course not reflecting after weeks, what could have caused it?
- How to confirm if my change of institution will reflect sooner?
- Why is the change of course institution not reflecting till now?
- I applied for the JAMB change of course and institution, but it has not yet reflected. What should I do?
… and below is the explanation to guide you out of this mess.
Post UTME Form Already Out! Hope Not Too Late to Change My Schools or Courses?
Generally, JAMB change of institutions should reflect on the body’s portal immediately. But if your question is directed to when it will reflect on the school portal or similar situations, you must read to the end of this post.
Explanation on Why Change of Institution or Course is not Reflecting
If you’ve done the alternation recently on the JAMB portal but when you visited your school portal to continue with post UTME registration you’re receiving an error that your information is not on the portal or in the school’s database or that your JAMB registration number is not recognized, this could mean:
- JAMB has not sent your details to the school yet. Usually, JAMB will wait for enough students to do changes before they send the new list to the concerned universities, polytechnics, or colleges of education. They do these a couple of times before the school’s post UTME ends. OR
- The school has not uploaded or updated your information received from JAMB on her database. Schools might have got your information from JAMB, but it usually takes a few days for the ICT to get all uploaded for the candidates to continue with their registrations on the school portal.
How long will it take the Changes to Reflect on the School’s Portal?
It can take as long as 24 hours or a couple of days. Going by the explanation above, you should be rest assured that sooner or later your information will definitely reflect. A school that will not allow change of institution again will definitely inform you while on the JAMB portal for the change of institution. You would get a prompt like this “This institution is no longer accepting new candidates“. As a result, you won’t be able to effect the change to the school.
Hence, if you’re able to do the change of institution or course on the JAMB portal, it means the schools concerned have agreed to accept the changes in the first place, and will definitely update her database for that new changes.
And to answer your question, it usually takes a few days, weeks, or months depending on how much time the school has to end her registration.
Change of institution or courses made on JAMB portal reflects immediately on the JAMB portal but may take awhile before it reflects on the concerned school portal.
A school that has a couple of days to end her post UTME application, will be quick to update the portal within a few days of your changes. A school may take enough time if she has weeks to the end of the exercise or has plans to extend the sales if the form. This will allow them to upload at once – those who had changed to them in the past few weeks.
Best Related Posts
- JAMB Change of Institutions and Courses: Universities/Polytechnics, and Colleges You Can Consider
- Can JAMB Give Admission from Two or More Schools to a Candidate Through CAPS?
- Check Institution and Course of Choice Eligibility on JAMB Portal before Making Changes
- Choosing Universities, Polytechnics and Others as Second Choice: Will they Give you Admission
- Given Admission by A School You Didn’t Choose? Here is What You Must Know