2020/2021 PRE-ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGERIA
This is to inform all candidates who have applied for admission into the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna for the 2020/2021 academic session that the University’s Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE) will commence on Monday, 21st September 2020, and end midnight of Wednesday, 18th November 2020.
FUTMINNA Post UTME/DE Requirements and Eligibility
- Candidates are hereby notified that the screening exercise shall be conducted using the Computer-Based Test (CBT) platform.
- Only UTME and DE candidates who selected FUT Minna are eligible for the screening exercise.
- Candidates MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses, have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the JAMB Brochure and the requisite ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level.
- However, candidates who do not meet any of the above requirements will be allowed to change to any other course whose requirements are met by the candidates. The change of course will attract a processing fee of N1,000 only payable at the screening venue.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five ‘O’ Level credits including Mathematics and English Language at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to their proposed courses.
- Only ‘O’ Level result print-out(s) downloaded directly from the website(s) of the national examining bodies (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or photocopies of the original certificate(s) will be accepted for verification. Candidates MUST bring their ‘O’ Level results to the screening venue. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of candidates.
- In addition, Direct Entry candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit at National Diploma and/or Higher National Diploma level(s) or Merit at NCE level.
- Candidates awaiting ‘O’ Level results are not qualified for the screening exercise.
- UTME Candidates MUST have scored NOT LESS than the indicated minimum scores for various Schools/Courses/Programmes in the 2020 UTME as shown below:
FUTMINNA Courses and Post UTME Departmental Cut Off Marks
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE & AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT)
- Agriculture 170
- Food Science & Technology 180
- Water Resources, Aquaculture & Fisheries Technology 170
SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET)
- Computer Engineering 200
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering 190
- Mechatronics Engineering 190
- Telecommunication Engineering 180
SCHOOL OF INFRASTRUCTURE, PROCESS ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY (SIPET)
- Agric. and Bioresources Engineering 180
- Chemical Engineering 190
- Civil Engineering 190
- Material and Metallurgical Engineering 180
- Mechanical Engineering 190
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET)
- Architecture 200
- Building 180
- Estate Management & Valuation 180
- Quantity Surveying 180
- Surveying & Geoinformatics 180
- Urban & Regional Planning 180
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (SICT)
- Computer Science 200
- Cyber Security Science 200
SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES (SLS)
- Biochemistry 190
- Biology 170
- Microbiology 190
SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES (SPS)
- Applied Geophysics 180
- Chemistry 180
- Geography 180
- Geology 180
- Mathematics 180
- Physics 180
- Statistics 180
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION (SSTE)
- Educational Technology 170
- Industrial and Technology Education 170
- Science Education 170
- For the list of relevant subjects for each course/programme, check the homepage of the University website
- Any false declaration could lead to a candidate’s disqualification at any stage of the admission process.
FUTMINNA Method of Application and Payment
- Visit FUTMINNA Admission Screening Portal
- Click on “2020/2021 UPASE”
- On the page that appears, click on ‘UPASE-UTME Login’
- Enter your JAMB registration number.
- Enter one of your names.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- On a page that appears, you are required to upload your recent coloured passport photograph in JPG format (Width 150 px, Height 170 px).
- Choose another course from the list of departments if your UTME/’O’ level subject combinations do not meet the minimum requirements for the course registered with JAMB.
The system automatically detects if you have the required UTME subject combination and the minimum score for the programme selected.
- Status of ‘O’ Level results (click on the appropriate box).
- Click on ‘Proceed to payment gateway’.
- Confirm your entries.
- Click on the payment link button to proceed to payment gateway.
- Payment is done through Debit Card (MasterCard – Most preferred) or Verve (only the ones enabled for online payment) or Bank branch (by generating RRR from application portal).
- Enter ATM Debit card details (Card number, expiry date, CVV 2 i.e the 3 digits behind your card, and pin number)
- This automatically debits N2,175.00 only (the N175 is service charge for the Remita platform).
- If payment is successful, the screen will display all the data you previously entered.
- Click on the ‘Print’ button to print the document
- Keep the printout and take it to the UPASE venue
Requirements for the Screening Exercise
- All eligible candidates are required to come on the date indicated on their scheduling slips.
- Candidates are to report at the Suleiman Kumo Convocation Square at the University Main Campus, Gidan-Kwano along Minna-Bida road with the following:
- A printout of the 2020/2021 UTME or DE result slip bearing the candidate’s passport photograph (the Passport should not be affixed). The title of the course/programme of choice should be boldly written by the candidate on top of the result slip.
- The printed 2020/2021 University Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE) scheduling slip.
- A writing material (Biro or Pencil).
- A simple scientific calculator (non-programmable) without cover.
- No candidate will be allowed to participate in the screening exercise without complying with the above requirements.
- The Main Campus at Gidan Kwano along Minna-Bida road is about 20 km away from the Bosso Campus of the University, which is inside Minna town.
- Candidates without personal vehicles may board commercial buses at the rate of N80 to N100 at the Bosso Campus of the University.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring GSM handsets or similar electronic gadgets into the screening hall. Such item(s) will be seized and will not be returned to the owners.
- Impersonation is a serious offence and anyone caught impersonating will be handed over to the law enforcement agents.
- Any registered candidate who fails to report for the screening exercise on the date and time specified on the print-out automatically loses his or her chance of being screened for admission.
- Candidates are advised to arrive at the Suleiman Kumo Convocation Square at the Main Campus, Gidan Kwano on the scheduled dates for the screening exercise at least one hour prior to the scheduled time on their slips.
- All enquiries should be directed to the following: [email protected] or call 08168189680 and 08028949142.
Best Related Posts
- Federal Polytechnic of Oil & Gas, Bonny Admission Form is Out. See Fee, Cut Off Mark, Price and Date
- UNIABUJA Post UTME/DE form is Out. See Procedures, Cut Off Mark, Price and Closing Date
- UNIBEN Post DE Form is Out. See Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- Federal Co-operative College, Ibadan ND/HND Form Out. See Procedures, Price and Date
- FCFMT Post UTME/ND Full-Time Form is Out – Procedures, Cut Off Mark, Price and Closing Date.