|FUTA Official logo.|
2020/2021 FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE (FUTA) UABS ADMISSION EXERCISE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme of the Federal University of Technology, Akure. The UABS Programme is designed to prepare candidates for Direct Entry Admission into 200 Level Undergraduate Degree Programmes. It is full-time and runs for one academic session of Two (2) semesters.
During the programme, candidates will have the opportunity to write the following basic external examinations
Exams Under FUTA UABS/IJMB/JUPEB
- Advanced Level Cambridge International Examination (CIE).
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Examination.
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination.
FUTA UABS/IJMB/JUPEB Subject Combination
Candidates will be prepared for the above examinations in the following subjects combinations
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Geography, Mathematics, Economics
- Physics, Geography, Mathematics
- Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry
- Physics, Economics, Mathematics
- Economics, Mathematics, Biology
- Biology, Mathematics, Physics
200 Level Courses Available to FUTA UABS/IJMB/JUPEB Candidates
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT):
- Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE0
- Agricultural Extension and Communication Technology (AEC)
- Animal Production and Health (APH)
- Crop, Soil and Pest Management (CSP)
- Ecotourism and Wildlife Management (EWM)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology (FAT)
- Food Science Technology (FST)
- Forestry and Wood Technology (FWT)
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SEET):
- Environmental Engineering (AGE)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (CVE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME)
- Mechanical Engineering (MEE)
- Mining Engineering (MNE)
- Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES (SOS):
- Biochemistry (BCH)
- Biology (BIO)
- Chemistry (CHE)
- Mathematical Science (MTS)
- Microbiology (MCB)
- Physics (PHY)
- Statistics (STA)
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (SET)
- Architecture (ARC)
- Building Technology (BDT)
- Estate Management (ESM)
- Industrial Design (IDD)
- Quantity Surveying (QSV)
- Surveying and Geo-informatics (SVG)
- Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
SCHOOL OF EARTH AND MINERAL SCIENCES (SEMS):
- Applied Geology (AGY)
- Applied Geophysics (AGP)
- Marine Science and Technology (MST)
- Meteorology & Climate Science (MCS)
- Remote Sensing & GIS (RSG)
SCHOOL OF HEALTH & HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (SHHT)
- Biomedical Technology (BMT)
- Human Anatomy (ANA)
- Physiology (PHS)
SCHOOL OF COMPUTING (SOC)
- Computer Science (CSC)
- Cyber-security (CSS)
- Information Technology (IFT)
- Information Systems (IFS)
- Software Engineering (SEN)
Limited Hostel accommodations are available for interested candidates.
FUTA UABS/IJMB/JUPEB Admission Requirements
Candidates should possess five O/Level Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB at not more than two sittings from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science,/Animal Husbandry, Economics, Geography, Technical Drawing, and Further Mathematics relevant to their proposed course of study.
Method of Application and Payment
- Candidates are to visit www.futa.edu.ng. Click on CCE Portal and UABS application to create an account.
- Login in to your account with your username and password, and click on payment to generate an invoice for the application form.
- Candidates are to pay an application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only excluding bank charges on either Remita platform OR e-transact in any bank of their choice. See How To Make Remita Payment at Bank and Online: Quick Guide.
- Log in to your account online to confirm payment and complete the online UABS application form. Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip.
Application Deadline and Exams Date
- The Application is opened and will close on the date to be announced later. All awaiting results candidates must upload their results on www.futa.edu.ng on or before the closing date.
- Screening Examination will hold between the date to be announced later
The listed helplines could be contacted for clarification on issues bordering on the Programme during office hours only: 07056096340, 07039884823, 07061162814.
Best Related Posts
- LAUTECH Ogbomoso JUPEB Form is Out. Gain Admission to 200 Level Without UTME
- AAUA JUPEB Admission Form is Out. See Requirements, Price and Closing Date
- FUPRE Predegree and JUPEB Form Out: See Requirements, Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- FUOYE JUPEB – Gain 200 Level Admission After a year Program. See Guidelines, Price and Closing Date
- UNILORIN JUPEB Admissions: Price, Closing Date, Procedures, and Guide to Apply