2020/2021 FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE BASIC STUDIES (PRE DEGREE) PROGRAMME
This is to inform the general public, parents, sponsors, and eligible applicants that the Predegree and JUPEB/FOUNDATION programme forms for Federal University of Petroleum Resources Delta State are now out. All interested prospective applicants should note the details below in accordance with their proposed programmes.
About FUPRE Predegree Programme
The one year course aims to:
- Improve prospective students’ performance in the WASC/NECO/GCE and equivalent examinations in order to enhance and to meet the admission requirements in Science and Engineering programmes.
- Prepare candidates adequately for the UTME examination in order to enhance their admission chances to these programmes.
- Improve the quality of candidates seeking admission to 100 level of FUPRE programmes and of other Universities.
About FUPRE JUPEB/Foundation Programme
- The programme leads to the award of Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Certificate which shall enable candidates to gain Direct Entry admission into 200 level of the disciplines offered by FUPRE and other Universities in Nigeria and abroad.
- The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level General Certificate of Education (GCE), Higher School Certificate (HSC) or Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB).
- Candidates who successfully complete the programme shall also enjoy the privilege of being admitted into JUPEB affiliated institutions such as UNIBEN, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UNIUYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, etc
Predegree Programme Requirements and Eligibility
- The programme is an intensive nine (9) months teaching and coaching lessons in the following areas: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography.
- Applicants must have at least 5 credit passes in their SSCE results with subjects related to their proposed course in 100 level.
- Candidates awaiting their WAEC or NECO results can also apply.
- Candidates must apply for the current year JAMB UTME and get the cut off mark declared by the university in addition to passing the predegree exams.
- Admission to FUPRE 100 Level disciplines will be based on the average of final Basic Studies Examination and Jamb Scores.
JUPEB/Foundation Programme Requirements and Eligibility
- Each candidate admitted into the programme will be exposed to an intensive academic work in three subject combinations relevant to their desired field of study.
- The subjects are in consonance with the 100 Level courses of the relevant discipline currently offered in FUPRE.
- Thus, candidates will offer six (6) courses per semester, making a total of twelve courses at the end of the programme.
- Each course will be examined at the end of each semester but the results in all the courses taken will be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain a letter grade in each subject (i.e. A, B, C, D, E, & F).
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at O’ Level, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Candidates, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examination in order to obtain the Direct Entry Certificate, must satisfy all admission requirements prescribed by the Departments and Colleges of choice.
- Candidates doesn’t need to write JAMB UTME if taken JUPEB programme and he or she would be given admission to 200 level of his or her intended course
FUPRE Available Courses After Predegree And JUPEB Programmes
Candidates who successfully complete the programme shall enjoy the priviledge of being admitted into the following Colleges:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Gas Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Computer Science
Ready to apply? Visit the FUPRE admission portal below.
- Application Fee for Foundation Programme is Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000) only.
- Application Fee for Basic Programme is Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) only.
- Register now.
Best Related Posts
- LASU Predegree Admission: Procedures, Requirements, Price and Closing Date
- FUOYE Predegree Form is Out: Step by Step Guide to Apply
- DELSU JUPEB – Gain 200 Level Admission After a year Program. See Guidelines, Price and Closing Date
- FUOYE JUPEB – Gain 200 Level Admission After a year Program. See Guidelines, Price and Closing Date
- UTME/DE: A Compulsory Requirement to Gain Admission to Nigerian Tertiary Institution