Federal Polytechnic Ede ND/NCE: Dual Awards Programmes


For some years now, the Federal Poly Ede has been offering admissions to her prospective admission seekers into other schools – usually colleges of education. These colleges include the Ilori College of Education Ede, Osun College Ila, and Alayande College Oyo.

This post is meant to inform you that the admission is genuine if you’re offered a space in any of the colleges in collaboration with the Federal Polytechnic Ede.

The post will as well answer some questions regards the programme. Hence, when you’re done reading, you will be left with no confusion about the Dual Awards Programme.

Federal Polytechnic Ede Dual Award Admission – the Meaning

By the Dual Programme, it means admitted candidates will be awarded double qualifications on completion of the course.

For instance, if you have been offered admission into study Science Laboratory Technology (ND FT) in the Federal Polytechnic Ede Dual Award Programme, on completion, you will be awarded National Diploma (ND) in SLT together with National Certificate of Education (NCE) in the same course.

With this, you are recognized as a holder of National Diploma – qualified laboratory technician of your level and a teacher in related courses such as integrated science, biology, chemistry, physics, etc.

Is the Dual Programme a Full-Time or Part-Time?

The course is a 2-year full-time programme just like other admitted candidates on a full-time basis. However, you luckier because, you do not only run full time, like others but with full NCE programme altogether.

How To Apply Apply for Ede Poly Dual Programme Admission

There are two channels to apply for the polytechnic dual award programme – through SMS invitation or direct application on the application portal.

Application Through Invitation (SMS)

Usually, the polytechnic doesn’t open the forms when they open their main programmes (FT, DPT, RPT). They allow aspirants to apply for these main programmes first. They give admission to the applicants. And for those who missed out in their main programmes, they send text messages inviting them to consider admission into the Dual Awards Programmes.

READ MORE  ABU 1st, 2nd and 3rd Batch Admission Lists Checking

The SMS will inform candidates that they’d been offered admission. They will then be required to visit the school portal to check their admission status.

Generally, once you see an SMS, you will see your admission also on the portal. Check below the polytechnic’s website for links to check the admission status. If interested, applicants will then fill the application form as instructed. Immediately you submit the registration, you will be congratulated and taken to a page to pay for the acceptance fee.

After the payment of acceptance fee and printing of the documents and payment receipts, you’re to proceed to the Federal Polytechnic main campus for further instructions and documentation.

Application Directly on the School Portal

In the case you’re interested in the programme, you can still apply directly for the 2-year dual award course without obtaining any of the polytechnic’s forms for the main programmes or without being invited through SMS or email to apply.
Fill the form for your interested affiliates. Then, when offered admission, pay the acceptance fee and proceed to the polytechnic for documentation.

Are The Courses Different From the Polytechnic’s Courses


Candidates are offered the same courses the polytechnic is running.  To check the list of courses you can take in the Federal Polytechnic Ede Dual Awards Programmes, read my post, “FEDERAL POLY EDE: List of Courses and Acceptable O’level Results (Subjects)“.

Do I need JAMB score or Post UTME For the Programme?


READ MORE  Will JAMB/School Send Admission SMS or Email to me?

Though the polytechnic can transfer their regular applicant to the dual award course, that doesn’t mean UTME mark or post UTME score is required.

Candidates can apply directly (as said earlier) without writing JAMB or partaking in the institution’s post UTME exercise.

However, you may be required to register with JAMB under regularisation. More on this here.

Where Will Candidates Be Receiving Lectures?

Lectures will hold at both the polytechnic and college campuses.

The polytechnic divides the period of your learning into two. You will spend almost half of the year on the Federal Polytechnic Ede campus and other on the affiliated college campus.

Related Articles