2020/2021 EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY DIRECT/TOP-UP DEGREE/HND TO BSC CONVERSION PROGRAMME ADMISSION EXERCISE
This is to inform the general public that application form for Degree Direct/Top-Up of the Ekiti State University is now on sales. Applicants should note the important information below before checking their eligibility and apply for the programmes.
Who Can Apply for EKSU Direct/Top-Up Degree
This programme is best called part-time form. It’s ideal for:
- Candidates who did not write UTME or wrote but failed or those who were not given admission through post UTME. These applicants, if admitted, will spend 5 years for their courses on weekend lectures or evening lectures bases.
- Candidates who did not put in for JAMB Direct Entry or put in but not given admission. These applicants, if admitted will spend 4 years for their courses on weekend lectures or evening lecture bases.
- Candidates who had completed their HND but want to convert such to Bsc Degree and possess EKSU certificate instead/in addition. These applicants, if admitted, will spend 3 years for their courses on weekend lectures or evening lectures bases.
- Working-class applicants who do not have time for regular degree courses.
Nature of EKSU Top Up Degree Programme and Available Courses
The Programme is essentially a weekend programme designed to cater for working executives, middle class and junior workers seeking to improve on their employment. It runs on Fridays, Saturdays and sometimes Sundays. The programme runs the same programmes with the regular University programmes at the undergraduate level.
The following programmes are run in the Directorate and approved by the National Universities Commission as at July, 2013
- B.Sc Accounting
- B.Sc Banking and Finance
- B.Sc Business Administration
- B.Sc Economics
- B.Sc Geography and Planning Science
- B.Sc Political Science
- B.Sc Psychology
- B.Sc Sociology
- B.A History and International
Mode of Supervision of the Programme
The Part-Time Programmes are supervised by the relevant and cognate Faculties and Departments in the regular programmes of the University. The courses are taught by the same set of lecturers who teach them on the regular programmes as approved by the University Senate
All examinations are moderated by both internal and external examiners while the graded examination scripts are moderated by external examiners. As part of the requirements for the award of the degree, each student is required to carry out research work and submit bound copies of the research findings.
The Type of Certificate in the Programme
At the end of the completion of studies, students are awarded the certificates of the University based on their programme of study. Since they also went through the same courses of study like their counterparts in the regular programmes, no distinction is made in the degree awarded them and the regular students.
Closing Date/Deadline: (until further notice)
EKSU Direct/Top-UP Degree/Part-Time Requirements for UTME, SSCE, ND, NCE and HND Holders
Method of Application/Payment Procedure
- Candidates are to log on to the university’s website Part Time/Top up Application Form.
- candidates are to pay the sum of ten thousand naira only (N10,600.00) including convenience fee by the usage of ATM card (verve/mastercard)
- click on the part-time application
- click Remita logo for payment
- enter the information requested for validation
- fill in the application form and submit after completion
- print a copy of the form after submission
- duly completed application forms with photocopies of credentials are to be submitted to the office of the part-time programme on the Ifaki campus.
- The O/L requirements for all courses are to be obtained at not more than two sittings.
- All programmes advertised are run on PART-TIME basis i.e on weekends (Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday)./Evening Programme (Monday-Thursday)
- All duly completed applications must be submitted within six weeks from the date of this publication.
Best Related Posts
- How to Gain Admission into National Open University (NOUN): Undergraduate and Postgraduate Guide
- Babcock University Top-Up Degree/HND to Bsc Form is Out: Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- Convert HND to Bsc With Top-Up Degree (18+ Universities in Nigerian and Abroad)
- ADO POLY Top-Up Degree (Affiliate of FUOYE) Form is Out. See Details
- Bell University (Top-Up Degree) HND Conversion Programme Form is Out. Apply, Portal, Price