|A female Nurse|
- You have to know the list of the universities accepting DE applicants for Nursing – since, of course, not all universities are.
- You equally need to understand where those universities require BSC (Degree), HND, NCE, IJMB, JUPEB, or any other Advanced A’level programmes.
This post will strictly list the requirements of universities offering Nursing Direct Entry (200 level admissions). If you want to know those accepting applicants for UTME (100 level admissions), read “34 Universities Offering Nursing and Requirements“
All Universities are Accepting DE Applicants for Nursing
At the time of this post, all universities offering Nursing/Nursing Science are accepting Direct Entry candidates.
Hence, once you have the requirements, you can check for your favorite university and consider that during the JAMB DE registration or while changing institution/course.
General DE Requirements for Nursing/Nursing Science
Irrespective of the universities, on a norm, below are the requirements for a degree in Nursing and admission through DE. Candidates seeking DE Nursing admission should have at least one of the following.
- ‘A’ Level passes in any two (2) of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics
- ND Upper Credit in Prosthesis and Orthopaedic Technology.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics plus three (3) other ‘O’ Level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, and English Language.
- NRN or its approved equivalent plus five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language and four (4) Science subjects chosen from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Hygiene, Health Science, Further Mathematics and General Science
Specific DE Requirements by Universities Offering Nursing/Nursing Science
There is, (at the time of this writing) a university that wants certain grades and conditions from the Direct Entry applicants.
Federal University of Technology Owerri
- At least ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in any two of the following Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics (just like others)
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Prosthetics and Orthotics.
- First Degree in Health Sciences.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Biology, and Physics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements
Best Related Posts
- How Long It Takes To Become a Nurse in Nigeria
- OAU Distance Learning: Nursing, Economics & Accounting
- Universities Offering Medicine and Surgery – UTME Subjects/DE and SSCE Requirements
- Are Schools of Nursing Accepting D7, E8, F9 in Maths, English, etc?
- Can I Change from Art to Science/Commercial and Vice Versa?